Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: QuickTime vs Flash Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Steve66 on January-24-2008 at 11:22am
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts
With all the current browser issues with QuickTime is there any reason to use it as opposed to Flash. It would be interesting to see the pros and cons of each format when compared to eachother.

Message posted by roadkillron on January-24-2008 at 7:20pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
I think QuickTime has smoother rotation and a better picture, but thats just me.

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on January-24-2008 at 11:43pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by roadkillron on January-24-2008
I think QuickTime has smoother rotation and a better picture, but thats just me.

No doubt about that!

But Flash meets the requirements of more computer users and allows for Tours with Tourweaver. Really depends on what you are projecting on the end users computer.

DevalVR is without doubt the best player I have ever used but is limited to PC. But Fiero has been very clever in his scripting and provides a viewer/player "sniffer" and you can set your order of preference. I.E: DevalVR, Quicktime, Flash, Shockwave, Java. So if the user/viewer has a Mac it will auto display via Quicktime.

Here you can see it in action. Though limited to only DevalVR and Quicktime. 

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadkillron on January-25-2008 at 1:48am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Now Ill agree with your post DevalVR is better than QT or Flash, but the question was posed QT or Flash; I am a EasyPano guy when it comes to tours (Tourweaver) It's the best out there when it comes to tours - private label and all! But with individual images EasyPano seems to be 3 and 5 in the top 5, which isnt bad concidering there 2 out of 5!

So your saying if I use Fiero's "sniffer" I can present an individual link to show a single pano (not tour) in the order of plugin's installed (DevalVR, Quicktime, Flash, Shockwave, Java) and letting scripting show the one the user has installed first based upon the order above?... As long as I encode using Fiero's DevalVR?

It seems to me that EasyPano's Panoweaver product should have more encoding options like DevalVR, Quicktime, Flash, Shockwave, Java - just like Pano2QTVR - and a sniffer too!

I know I'm asking a lot - I allways do...!

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on January-25-2008 at 2:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You don't even have to have DevalVR in first place or in fact, at all in the options I believe. The reason I mentioned DevalVR is because it uses the .mov file to display (it's required)  So DevalVR and Quicktime work from the same .mov file (you don't need to make another file format). The HUGE advantage is that you don't need Quicktime (20+ MB) installed at all for it to work. DevalVR plug-in is less than 250kb in size. See www.devalvr.com

As Panoweaver outputs both Quicktime and Flash adding the DevalVR player and sniffer script is a logical way to go to enhance the viewing experience.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadkillron on January-25-2008 at 2:42am
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Sweet, Thanks Smooth again for your help as I do have an instance this will help - showing individual images that is... until there ALL done - then I will move to tourweaver for the final product!

Your the best mate :)

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Steve66 on January-25-2008 at 3:07pm
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts
Wow. The DevalVR is great. I will be using this instead of the unstable  QT in the future wherever possible. Thanks guys.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register