Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Top stitching on light surfaces Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Steve66 on February-07-2008 at 2:56am
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi, I have found that when I do a panorama with a light ceiling, the ceiling appears a darker shade so you can clearly see the stitching lines.

http://www.panovision360.co.uk/studio250108.htm

For this shot above the camera had the white balance pre-set with a grey card, the ISO set to '100' and the Auto ISO switched off . Can anyone offer any advice on this. Thank you. Steve

Message posted by DaMan on February-07-2008 at 3:27am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

I believe you need to lock auto exposure so they are more uniform... Have you tried smartblend plug in?

DaMan

Message posted by Steve66 on February-07-2008 at 3:58am
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

It seems better when I use .jpg images to stich rather than Raw files. Could it be that the Raw files are too sensitive?

Message posted by smooth on February-07-2008 at 4:04am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

This is a result of light fall off (vignetting) and/or the way light is entering the fisheye lens. Based on the slight issue's of your panorama using Smartblend would absolutely rectify your obvious Zenith & Nadir tiles.

Also do not process tiles to the edges.

Download the Smartblend Plug-in, install and restitch the images and compare.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on February-07-2008 at 4:10am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Looking at it again something is worrying me about your workflow.

Can you explain your steps from start to finish?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Steve66 on February-07-2008 at 10:19am
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi Smooth, This is my workflow.

• Import Raw images into Panoweaver 5 (latest version).
  • Pre stitch.
  • Stitch.
  • Panoramic Image Size set to 'Cubic Panorama' with 'CD quality' (for that little extra:)).
  • Save the .tiff file and open in Capture NX.
  • Make any changes to the lighting on the whole .tiff image.
  • Import the corrected image back to Panoweaver and publish.

Many thanks Smooth,

Steve

Message posted by smooth on February-07-2008 at 10:53am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steve,

I think you are making the mistake when you publish to cubic and then modify in Capture NX.

I really suggest you install Smartblend and export in Spherical format, edit in Capture NX and then import back to Panoweaver and publish. If you really want cubic do that after colour correction.

I assume you are exporting to cubic to touch up the Zenith star and Nadir tripod patching? If so, that is fine but do not do colour correction or sharpening in cubic mode only the patching. If you use .tif format from Cubic to Spherical and back to Cubic again etc you will not lose much (in quality) as .tif it is a non lossy format.

My workflow is more like this:

• Raw images processed with Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) to correct Vignetting & Chromatic Aberration something Panoweaver cannot do. Export to .tif image format.
  • Import .tif images into Panoweaver 5
  • Set size to output to something I know is around the "real" maximum of the stitched image Custom usually but 6000x3000 (Canon 5D and Sigma 8mm) or 10000x5000 (Canon 5D and Canon 15mm) is close enough.
  • Stitch to Cubic, export in .tif format and patch Nadir and Zenith as needed in Photoshop and save.
  • Import .tif back to Panoweaver 5 and convert to Spherical projection.
  • Export .tif image and do final colour adjustments and any other needed corrections including sharpening in Photoshop save as .tif.
  • Import final corrected .tif and sharpened image and publish.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Steve66 on February-07-2008 at 1:15pm
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi Smooth,
I have pin-pointed the problem. You were right it is the modification in Capture NX. To anyone who uses this program, DO NOT adjust the D-Lighting to 'Better Quality".
Thanks once again Smooth for your invaluable advice.  Steve

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-08-2008 at 10:21am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I have been using the free plugin for Photoshop from Ruen Spanns for flawless spherical to cubic to spherical conversion. It can be downloaded here for free.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register