Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Need business suggestions Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Peanut on March-02-2008 at 6:16pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts
Based on the West Coast of Florida I am looking to supplement my now meager real estate income with some photo work, although there are plenty of companies offering virtual tours here. I still feel there is an opportunity using Panoweaver and Tourweaver to offer something to both the real estate market and the tourist industry. Anybody got any good suggestions? 

Message posted by smooth on March-02-2008 at 10:43pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tourism is the biggest field out side of real estate. As an idea you might do a tour on restaurants on a strip for promotion or motel accommodation etc. These can then be place onto either a CD/DVD or webpage. Weddings are another opportunity, limousines, amusement parks, golf courses and function centres.

Anyway there are some ideas to start things off.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Peanut on March-03-2008 at 3:24am
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

Many thanks Smooth for your ideas.

Chris

Message posted by pixelator on March-06-2008 at 2:31pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Are there any boat dealerships close to you on the west coast of Florida?  If so go shoot some of the highend boats.  Maybe then after getting your feet wet at the local dealer you could send the link to boat manufacture directly?

Good luck,

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-06-2008 at 4:06pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Peanut, as a fellow real estate agent trying to keep his head above water, have you tried Realtor only open houses? Realtor's are always looking for FREE door prizes to give away at their Realtor open houses. Find one that has a lot of top-end listings, do a short free one for a house he/she is going to hold a Realtor open house at and offer a free tour as a door prize. Set your computer up at the open house and have the tour of that house running. You can also offer discounts to your fellow agents in your office.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Peanut on March-06-2008 at 10:04pm
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

pixelator & realtor jerry

Thanks for your input. Some good ideas.

I wanted to ask jerry how he was doing with VT's for real estate. How long have you been at it?  Has it been financially viable? Panoweaver and Tourweaver seem to create some of the nicest tours I have seen. Maybe that allows you to charge slightly more than some of your competition? Although us Realtors are pretty mean when it comes to parting with money. 

Chris

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-07-2008 at 9:54am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Peanut, I have only been doing real estate and Vt's for about 18 months. If it was not for my retirement check from 23 years in the Navy I would have to go back to driving a truck for a living, use to haul cars (BMW's). For in house Realtor's I charge $100 per tour with as many scenes as I can shoot that are interesting. For other agents I charge 125-150 depending on what I think I can get and what I think it's worth. I know I could never make a living at these prices I do it because I enjoy it and am learning so much in the process. When I think my tours are up to my standards I will try to branch out to other venues. As a Realtor you have access to the MLS and can look at the high dollar homes and call the agent to offer you services. For those that are not Realtors and don't have direct access to the MLS they can go to Realtor.com pull up listings in their area and see who does not have tours and call or email the agent. If you have a big set of gonads you can find the owner from the tax records and call them to offer your services as a photographer.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register