Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Problems with the brightness Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-28-2008 at 7:28am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hello everybody.

I have only recently switched to a canon 5d and sigma 8mm. Since this upgrade (from coolpix 8700) Ive strated making fullscreen panos, and the image quality have improved dramatically.

As a part of my workflow I shoot bracketed images and blending them with Photomatix whereafter I use PS for the final adjustments.

I have just looked at a few of my recent tours, and it seems that I am having problems with the luminance of the different scenes. The colors are satisfying (perhaps a bit too saturated) but I dont like the fact that some scenes seem a lot darker then others. I would like to create greater consistency in the scenes, but I am not sure how to do this. So can anybody share your tips as to how you set the luminance?

I know that I can easily adjust the brightness in PS, but this doesnt work for me. When I work on the individual scenes I tend to be quite happy with the result, but when building a tour and reviewing it after some time, I see the difference in the brightness, and it is very annoying.

I guess I want to know if there are any tools in PS to create consistency in the brightness, other then just looking at the scenes as this obviously doesnt work for me?

Here is an example of what I mean. Go to http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/kongensbro_kro/index.html The initial scene is great, but if you go to vaelg billede in the upper right corner and choose the second thumbnail from the left (vaerelse 9) youll see a big difference in the brightness.

I hope this is making sense and some of you more experienced PS guys can help me.

Best regards

Morten

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-28-2008 at 11:08am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Morten, I can't help you with your problem but wanted to compliment you on the quality you have attained. Your 8700's were very good but these are stunning in comparison.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by stealth on March-29-2008 at 8:54am
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

Morten,

I thought I had a discerning eye for the detail that you have identified. The newbe that I am, I still have seen the problem that you have described, especially in outdoor work. But for the life of me I am not seeing it in the room you identified.

Have you critically inspected your work on different monitors?

-------------
Robin

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-29-2008 at 8:20pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
@ Jerry

Thanks for the compliment. Yes the quality have definately improved, but most of it is also due to a new workflow in PS. Especially the tools "color Balance" and "brightness / Contrast" means a lot to my workflow now.

@ Robin
I have tried to look at the tours from as many monitors as I can . Sure the problems vary from monitor to monitor due to their settings. Perhaps I am just being too critical. After all, no clients have ever mentioned it (the only coment I have gotten is that they sometime say that my scenes look too good. Almost better then real like. I guess I turn up the saturation a bit too much sometimes lol)

Best regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by tturner on March-30-2008 at 12:35am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Hello Wide-Eyes,
Have you tried opening both panoramic images at the same time in PS?  You can then compare them side-by-side and use the eyedropper tool to get a readout of the exact differences in the scenes.  Then use the various adjustment tools to bring them closer together in color and luminance values.

This was a very quick effort but checking side-by-side can let you know where you are.  I adjusted mainly color balance and levels which you are already doing.

Good Luck...
TTurner

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-31-2008 at 3:38am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Hi TTurner.

I guess the problem is that I treat every panorama as a single project. I keep looking at the pano I am working on untill I am satisfied. This is alright, but gives me the mentioned problems when building the tours.

Well..... as always I'll just start practice again *lol*

Best regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register