Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Smartblend issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by MikeR on April-01-2008 at 1:18pm
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Greetings all - new at this stuff, so my topic may be "old news" ... but I can't find much out there on. I've been shooting in the 6+T+B method. I consistently get a "lighter" circle in my T&B image when stitching with the EP stitcher only - so I've been attempting to use Smartblend to correct this. It does a good job ... but ... I'm getting a thin white line in between my T and B image on the cubic image with Smartblen. I've varied the settings to no avail.

Any ideas?

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by Don McIver on April-02-2008 at 12:27am
View Don McIver's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Don McIver Search   Quote Don McIver Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Don McIver
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-07-2008
8 Posts

Hey Mike,

I had a line between the 6th and 1st when shooting 6, the -w fixed it for me.

"-w  same as "-WrapMode 1" to be compartible with programs using Enblend"

Hope the helps, Don

Message posted by maxxnas on April-02-2008 at 2:39am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Hi Mike.

I have a few questions for you.  What camera and lens combination are you using?  Are you shooting in RAW?  Most of the time the problem can be resolved before it even gets to Panoweaver.  I use a Canon EOS 5D and the EF 15mm Fisheye lens.  Even after applying the same white balance and brightness in my RAW editor, I sometimes find my top image a little brighter.  I correct this by notching it down 1 stop in brightness in my RAW editor.  Then when I bring it into Panoweaver, Smartblend takes care of the rest.  This solution has worked for me and the quarks in my particular camera & lens combo.

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by MikeR on April-07-2008 at 8:03am
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Thanks to all and appologies for not replying sooner.

I've tried the "-w" switch, didn't help.

I'm shooting with a Kodak Pro14nX and a Nikon 16mm full frame fisheye on a Manfrotto 303SPH head. Shooting 60 degrees apart. Manual exposures and bracketing (choosing same exposure for image groups) and focusing manually. Rig was also painstakingly calibrated for nodal points. Saving raw but it doesn't seem to matter if I import raw or rip to other formats ... doesn't make a difference so far.

If I blend with Smartblend "off", PW gives me fantastically accurate stitches but .. I get a significantly light, circular "hotspot" in my zenith and nadir image. If I stitch with Smartblend enabled, it blends in the hotspots VERY well ... except for the thin white line I get in between the Z and N cubic image.

Right now, my current "fix" is to rip the cubic twice, utilizing PW only then with SB enabled, and then copying the 'fixed' blend with the PW stitch in Photoshop to correct.

Makes for additional steps and work to get to a final image (;-( 

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-07-2008 at 8:10am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Might want to give this free PS plugin a try. It works great for me when converting to cubic and back. I no longer use the PW converter.
http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by MikeR on April-07-2008 at 11:38am
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Jerry,

Thanks - I'll give it a try ...

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by MikeR on April-07-2008 at 1:11pm
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Jerry - THANKS!!!

That superrune plug-in is extremely helpful.

You have also taught me a good lesson on my workflow. I was rendering from initial stitch to cubic in order to retouch out my tripod. The Smartblend plug-in works much better if I render to spherical, convert to cubic, retouch, ... and then finish it off.

I'll continue to "play" with it.

Thanks again!

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-07-2008 at 2:14pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Glad to help, I know I would be in poor shape if I didn't have the folks on this forum to help out with their tips and tricks. This plug-in has really saved me a lot of time.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by 360texas on April-07-2008 at 8:09pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Yes, there are others that are politely looking over your shoulder ... and we are pleased you are here to help new folks.  Job well done Jerry.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-08-2008 at 7:27am
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments Dave. I don't know much but willing to share that little bit with anyone.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register