Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Getting a still image from a panoramic on Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on April-22-2008 at 9:10am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Is there a way to export a high resolution still image from a panoramic image? I shot a bunch of stills and 360s of an apartment. But I neglected to shoot a still of the living room. What I'd like to do is point the "camera" in the desired direction and export out a high resolution image of that view. I could take a screen grab of it, but it wouldn't be high enough resolution. Any ideas?

Message posted by 360texas on April-22-2008 at 12:40pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm had to think abit about your question.

Maybe try this.  Locate 1 of the images that contains your point of interest.  Load this 1 image into PW and tell it to stitch.  What it will probably do is "You can't do that here - not enough images to stitch".  Push the stitch button anyway and see if it will dewarp your 1 image.

I know there is other stitching software that will stitch (dewarp) 1 image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-22-2008 at 1:59pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Hi Emarts

I think I can help you with this one.

You most likely have a stiched panoramic-image at 6000x3000 or higher?
You can then use PTeditor (read about it here: http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=PTEditor)
It is a very easy way to extract a partial view from the panorama.

If you own the old panoweaver 1.3 it also allows you to stitch just one fisheye image. But there will be some distortion in the right and left side of the image.

On some other forum I read this thread http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146
It is a tutorial on how to convert a fish eye image to a normal image.

There is also some other plug-ins and standalone program for this purpose, but I lost it when my computer crashed recently.

Best regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by emarts on April-23-2008 at 8:53am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Thanks guys. I read in another forum that PTgui will do it too. But I'm not sure I want to spend the money on just this one instance. I think I can go back next week and just re-shoot the room.

Dewarping one image is not going to work as the one fisheye image does not contain the exact view I need -- at least I don't think it does.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register