Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Some questions about equip Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gimei_Design on April-29-2008 at 11:23am
View Gimei_Design's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gimei_Design Search   Visit Gimei_Design's Homepage www   Quote Gimei_Design Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gimei_Design
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-29-2008
12 Posts

Hello,

first sorry for my bad english :-D I am from germany and just bought me Easypano Studio 2007.

And, i have much problems ;-)

Here my Equipment:

Canon D40
Sigma 8mm F4 DG Fisheye
Manfrotto Tripod
Nodal Ninja 3

First question: is the lens ok to take 360x360 panos? I have often problems while stitching the pano in panoweaver and must take the points to fit myself. Than, i want to make HDR panos for rooms, but the HDR function in panoweaver is too bad. So want to make them with outsite software. But i think i really dont know the right way to do this.

I search myself much here in Forum but dont find the right thinks. I thank you for all help i can get

Best regards

Gimei

Message posted by 360texas on April-29-2008 at 12:10pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Answer 1 - yes

D40 and Sigma 8mm 

Answer 2 - First, must find the 'no parallax location' on the lens. 

Take 4 images at 90 degrees

Please use technical words and not subjective personal opinions "too bad".  Please post a panorama on your website so we can see your work.  That way we can help you.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2008 at 12:32pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

D40 is a Nikon DSLR - 40D is a Canon DSLR.

Panoweaver makes multiple final panorama images for fusing in 3 party software.

When you have set the camera/lens to the NPP you should not have to manually add control points. (or Rarely, only when no features are clearly visible or exposed correctly).

It is most important when requesting help that you provide a link/URL to files for inspection and consideration.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Gimei_Design on April-30-2008 at 12:34pm
View Gimei_Design's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gimei_Design Search   Visit Gimei_Design's Homepage www   Quote Gimei_Design Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gimei_Design
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-29-2008
12 Posts

Hi Smooth,

the main and big problem is that Easypano save my 3 Panos in 8 Bit, not 16 Bit. So the work around with third party software is less in quality.

To check some of my trys, please take a look here:

http://www.gimei.de/index.php?link=5

Gimei

Message posted by smooth on April-30-2008 at 2:57pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Gimei,

It is a valid point about 8 bit vs 16 bit and I'm pretty sure you can save images in 16 bit format from Panoweaver. Though it is not possible to "publish" a panorama to viewer in 16 bit. Even Quicktime converts to .jpg 8 bit before displaying. So what you should be doing is saving each panorama "image" then blending or fusing before publishing the final image. The only thing that Panoweaver does not support is Alpha channel (and needs too) and this will most likely happen in a feature upgrade.

Work flows can be very personal and labour intensive. They are so many ways to get to a final displayed image using a multitude of software products. It's a matter of finding what works for you. Some people share their work flows to a point but hold back sometimes vital steps of their process. I suppose this is fair enough as if everyone did things the same then nothing would separate one panorama photographer over another apart form composition.

I assume that after looking at your panoramas you really want IDR so that you can correct the blown out windows? What you must be careful of with fusing/tone mapping is that it can become cartoonish and fake looking. The colour red takes on a very unnatural fluro orange tint. The trick with IDR/Tone mapping is the produce an image that doesn't in anyway look like what people call HDR.

Sometimes I think people use this technology just for the sake of it, without having any real idea as to why.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register