Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Camera settings for virtual tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by shmo on May-06-2008 at 7:23am
View shmo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by shmo Search   Quote shmo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
shmo
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
May-05-2008
5 Posts

Hi there, i hope someone can help me

I have just started researching on virtual tours, i have the equipment and photographed one house.

I have to take 6 photos at 60 degree, when i stitch the photos in panoweaver it works fine, but sometimes you can easily tell where the photo has been stiched.

Can someone please advise me on the correct apeture settings and shutter speed to get rid of blown out windows etc..

Or any tips to help me out would be much appreciated..

I am using a Panasonic DMC FZ8, Raynox DCR 5000 Wide angle lens and a manfrotto tripod..

Message posted by pixelator on May-06-2008 at 9:04am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
SHOOT RAW!
Av mode...f/8...bracket exposures at -2 0 +2.

By bracketing your shots you will end up with an underexposed, normal exposed and overexposed images. A lot of us here use photomatix to then merge these three images into one, which will correct the issues of blown windows.

There are other ways to achieve this as well.

Pixel

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-06-2008 at 1:20pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
So here is mine:
I shoot 3 around at 120 degrees in RAW and in manual mode. Each shot I will bracket, I take one shot each at 0EV, +1EV, +2EV, -1EV and -2EV. I then take the 15 images and convert them to jpg and batch stitch in Panoweaver5. Then I put the 5 stitched scenes in Photomatix http://www.hdrsoft.com/download.html and merge. There are several different ways to merge the images you will just have to play with them and find the results you like best. You can download the free trial and try it before you purchase. With this method you will have no blown-out windows and the lights will no be glaring. From there I take it into photoshop and do the fine tuning to my taste. I also shoot my still shots this way except I merge them in RAW and then convert to .tif and rework in Photoshop before converting to jpg.
Here is a sample I just completed using this method. 

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on May-06-2008 at 4:33pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I will say this... that certainly is a very red couch !  The dirty windows are ok.. can see outside ... the green grass and trees.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on May-07-2008 at 3:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I doubt the couch is that colour. I feel it is a result of the HDR method.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on May-07-2008 at 9:02am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
maybe reducing the saturation [desaturate] a little bit might make the red couch 'glow' a little bit less.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-07-2008 at 9:24am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Believe it or not that is very close to the color of the couch. But the question still remains, Shmo wants to know how to get rid of blown-out windows!

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Peanut on May-08-2008 at 7:56am
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts
HDR can create some odd color effects. Using Photoshop's Hue & Saturation then from the drop down go to and reduce Red. This could make a very acceptable result if you were to want to reduce the red in the couch. Tweeks with the other colors is also usually necessary. Certainly (in my opinion) all worth the trade off for correctly exposed windows.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register