Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: RAW Bracketing Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by adavis2 on May-17-2008 at 2:36pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

i've got the 350d/sigma8mm combo and I tried shooting raw images and creating the -2, 0 +2 EV from the raw... but the only problem is that when i do that, and merge with either photomatix or enfuse, it appears grainy.  BUT, if i shoot the jpg's bracketed they come out looking great (except for motion, which is why id like to shoot raw)  Is there just a simple step that im missing?  All tips will be tried and much appreciated.

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-18-2008 at 11:46am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
One problem I had with photomatix was I didn't know that when doing a HDR it would always use the last setting. Someone on the forum pointed out that it's best to click the default setting and then make adjustments. Also when merging a 360 you need to click the 360 setting so it will make both sides the same.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by adavis2 on May-18-2008 at 5:21pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts
Thanks for the input... but im not quite sure thats the issue... i've been using photomatix for about 2 years flawlessly... and i've even been using enfuse recently.  It appears that the RAW images im capturing just aren't capturing the same amount of detail at each exposure level as it is when shooting the bracketed exposures in jpg.  Any else experience this with the Rebel XT?

Message posted by shmo on May-20-2008 at 6:34am
View shmo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by shmo Search   Quote shmo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
shmo
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
May-05-2008
5 Posts
hey im getting the same issue..when i shoot RAW and then blend the photos using photomatix it comes out grainy but when i shoot in jpg it comes out perfect..im still learning but i was told to shoot RAW???

Message posted by tturner on May-20-2008 at 10:15am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Here are some interesting notes from the makers of Photomatix on this subject.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/dri.html#raw

Enjoy...
TTurner

Message posted by tturner on May-20-2008 at 10:38am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

And some words on Raw.

http://www.photoxels.com/tutorial_raw.html

TTurner

Message posted by adavis2 on May-20-2008 at 11:35am
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

thanks for that link tturner... very helpful.  Im going to try and shoot the raw at the proper exposure setting and try using shadows/highlights and a little bit of exposure compensation to see if i can capture what ive been doning by shooting bracketed exposures.  I knew there had to be an explination.  The raw workflow/concept is not identiacal to shooting bracketed jpgs.

Thanks again!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register