Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Stitching problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gimei_Design on May-19-2008 at 7:56am
View Gimei_Design's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gimei_Design Search   Visit Gimei_Design's Homepage www   Quote Gimei_Design Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gimei_Design
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-29-2008
12 Posts

Hello out there,

i think i have an problem with stitching my pictures. I use Panoweaver with smartblend and got nearly always the same problem.

I use a Canon 40D with Sigma 8mm F4 Fisheye and i took the gold Ring as nodal point. I took 4 pictures for each 90  and one for B and T.

I hope that someone can give me a hint.

Please tahe a look here:

Message posted by 360texas on May-19-2008 at 8:41am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Gold ring location is only the STARTING point for refining the no parallel point.  It might be 1 or 2 mm forward or behind the gold ring.

Arggg  YES I said 1 or 2 millimeter, to successfully removing the parallax from your images.

You mentioned the D40 and Sigma 8,  but what panorama bracket and ball head are you using?

You also have significant parallax issues in the ceiling tile grid.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gimei_Design on May-19-2008 at 8:55am
View Gimei_Design's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gimei_Design Search   Visit Gimei_Design's Homepage www   Quote Gimei_Design Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gimei_Design
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-29-2008
12 Posts

Hi,

i use the Nodal Ninja 3. I dont know what you mean with panorama bracket and ball head.

I read often that the gold ring is the nodal point at the sigma. This info is wrong, right?

Message posted by adavis2 on May-19-2008 at 12:57pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

Gimeni_Design, did you happen to look at http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_3_camera_settings.html to get suggested settings for the NN3.  I just got the NN3 and used the suggested settings for 350d/sigma 8mm combo and it was dead on for me. (As far as I know, anyway)

Message posted by 360texas on May-19-2008 at 1:57pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Interesting.. Nodal Ninja 3 {panorama bracket} no parallax points are measured in 1/2 millimeter values like upper rail 89.5 millimeter for the Sigma 8 f 3.5

I think 1/2 mm is as close as your going to get - aim for the middle between the 2 small white lines

Ball head is the device between the top of your tripod and under the rotator base and panorama bracket... allowing you to manually level the pan head NN3 with out having to adjust the tripod legs.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gimei_Design on May-19-2008 at 2:53pm
Gimei_Design
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
April-29-2008
12 Posts

Hi,

hm, i dindt have an ball head on my manfrotto tripod. I think it could be useful. Tomorror i will try some settings to get the best results for my panos. Thank you very much so far.

Best regards

Gimei

Message posted by tturner on May-19-2008 at 3:43pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Question,

With a white ceiling and tripod cap why is there a need for a B + T shot anyway?  A white ceiling is easy to clone out and then you have less pictures to take and process and throw in the mix.

Just my thoughts...
TTurner

Message posted by pixelator on May-19-2008 at 4:00pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Gimei_Design on May-19-2008

Hi,

hm, i dindt have an ball head on my manfrotto tripod. I think it could be useful.

Best regards

Gimei

Hey Gimei Design,

I use a joystick head that makes for quick leveling while doing pano work. Just wanted to share there are several different types of heads out there.

pixel

Message posted by 360texas on May-19-2008 at 4:09pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think the concept of a full sphere panorama is to allow the visitor to decide for themselves what is important to see. 

Often there are objects in the ceiling area of no particular interest to the Creative Director,  that are interesting by the client  -- customer.

The photographer and the images they capture cost the client money and do not add any value to the clients product. 

The clients product and prospective buying customers are the most important aspect of the transaction.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tturner on May-19-2008 at 5:19pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Hi Dave,

I don't understand what your last statement has to do with stitching errors.  I thought that was the topic of this thread.  Please explain further for those of us that have missed your message.

TTurner

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register