Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Bad Vista preformance Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-22-2008 at 4:49am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi all

I have bought a new fast computer with vista and instaled my PW 5 license. But when importing a panoramic picture and trying to click"preview" the preformance is really bad. It is jiggery, takes lomg to respond, and then "jump" to the next part of the scene........ am I making my self clear ?? *lol*

Sorry for the poor explanation - but I don't know how else to describe the problem.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on May-22-2008 at 10:25am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
we too have a new computer.  URL please so we too may see

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-22-2008 at 11:07am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Well...... the problem is caused by any panoramafile.

For instance this one www.wideeyes.dk/temp/pano01.jpg

It sometimes help a bit if I resize it to 3000x1500 "low quality" so the end file is below 1mb.

But....... there were no problems with preview when I was on my old laptop wich is much slower and only 2gb ram (the new computer has 8gb ram and a quadcore processor @ 2.5ghz)

Is there somewhere in PW where you have to assign the amount of ram you want to use or something like that??

Best regards

Morten 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by tturner on May-22-2008 at 1:37pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Wide-Eyes,

Your link would not come up for me.
Christmas came early as we are all on new machines (quadcore @ 2.4ghz but remained with XP)

TTurner

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-22-2008 at 2:10pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi TTurner

Thanks for letting me know about the bad link.

The right link is www.wideeyes.dk/pano01.jpg

Regards

Morten

p.s. congratulation with the new machine. I primarely choose vista as it is 64bit and therefore supports a lot more ram 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on May-22-2008 at 6:05pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

well I saw the .jpg full 24" screen.  Took 3 seconds to download using 6mbps adsl.  Will give it another go, this time Ill save it to my hard drive and try to replicate your workflow.. will let you know in few minutes.

I IMPORTED your panorama... and at first blush.. it was pixelated .. then popped into focus... looks great from here.  I did preview it... all was in focus.. except the grain stocks growning... wind must have been blowing.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2008 at 1:18am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You will run into MAJOR issues if the software you are using doesn't support 64 bit and for the most part that is most common software. Be 100% sure to check if the software is 64 bit compatible before jumping in.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-23-2008 at 5:09am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Hi again

@ Dave.
What's funny is that in preview it looks like I haven't got enough memory to see a smooth movement in the panorama. I can almost compare it to when I tried to make a recording of the screen using my laptop. Because my laptop was too slow, the result was a jiggy preformance where the panorama kind a jumped from frame to frame, missing big parts in the middle. Eg. starts at pan-90 and the next frame you see is pan+45. Am I making any sence?? *lol*

Dave are you alsom on a vista 64 bit computer??

@ Smooth.
Well......... that's just great to know now that I already got vista 64 bit installed. Funny enough there were no warnings on the ms vista package

Do you know if PW 5 is vista 64bit compatible? Otherwise I'll ofcourse ask Easypano directly.

BTW
I want to use PW5 to preview my final .jpg panorama files. If this isn't possible, does anybody have a suggestion to an other way to get a fast preview? I've tried PTviewer.exe but can't get it to work in Vista. Now I am vreating a flash file everytime I want to see the preview. this works fine to takes too long.

Thanks for all of your help so far.

Regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by tturner on May-23-2008 at 11:51am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Wide-Eyes,
I stayed with XP because I knew all of my software would work but had to give up the extra Ram.  The max on my buildout was 4gb.  Just recieved a sales email from Dell (new machine is Dell) that they will discontinue XP after 6/18/08.  Glad I stayed but sorry for your problems.  My guess is small use or niche products like Panoweaver can just not upgrade as fast as the big boys when technology changes.  It comes down to staffing and ROI.  Have you though about a dual boot system so you could run your non 64 bit apps in that environment?

Good Luck...
TTurner

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-24-2008 at 3:33am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hey TTurner

No I haven't thought about a dual boot system. That's a bit too technical for a non-techie like me. But I have heard that XP pro comes in a 64 bit version as well. Perhaps I should consider that as an alternative. But then again as smoothe mentions above - I might run in to all sorts of problems with a 64 bit system. Will that be any different using XP 64 bit.

And also - if I install XP 64 bit I have to reinstall all the programs I've got once again. It is pretty time consuming, and I haven't got much time these days...

Your thoughts are appreciated though. Thanks.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register