Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: HELP! out of memory Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on June-08-2008 at 3:43pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Just tried to "pre-stitch" my first attempt with my new equipment and keep getting a "0005002 out of memory". Can anyone tell me what this is all about. Have never had this before with the old equipment.
Thanks

Update: Just went back and tried to pre-stitch some of my old 3 fisheye shots and they are stitching OK. So it has to do with the 6+T & B.
Any suggestions?

Another update: Went back and tried the 6 shots without the T&B and it stitched OK. So it has to do with the T&B, any ideas?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2008 at 5:06pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Maybe the single image size.  The D300 is a 12+ megapixel camera.  Could be that your single images in the set is accumulatively too large.

Are you shooting .nef raw?  Or just full size jpeg's ?

I looked through the Panoweaver 5 HELP  but did not find any reference to Memory Optimize tool.  So I am guessing:

In Panoweaver 5, click TOOLS  and Memory Optimize  [CTRL G].  There is no immediate affect in that you don't see anything happen.. but try restitching and see it Memory Optimizing helps

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-10-2008 at 5:56pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I tried the Memory Optimize tool and it didn't seem to help. It can stitch a 6+T w/lenscap but not with bottom. I put in a ticket to support but nothing yet.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-11-2008 at 5:45pm
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts

I've only been fiddling around for a few weeks with this gear, but I have tended to shoot 4 shots only with the sigma 8mm lens.  I haven't got the perfect calibration yet to eliminate the dodgy spot in the sky, but it is considerably less computing to do.  I've also boosted my laptop up to its maximum memory capacity of 2 Gb.  That's my 2 penn'orth.  Hope it's helpful.

Ray

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView
Want Atmospheric Headers for your web page the easy way?

http://www.cosmicrayimages.thenorthernview.biz

Message posted by 360texas on June-11-2008 at 6:36pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

If we have not already done so.. Welcome to the forum. 

If you need a bit of help with calibration.. hollar

All email to dave@360texas.com  we do not check yahoo or MS Live email

Add us to your

Yahoo instant messenger   texas360dave@yahoo.com

MS Live  texas360@hotmail.com

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-11-2008 at 7:42pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi CosmicRay and welcome to the site. I also have boosted my laptop to 2 Gb. Easypano support is telling me my images are to large. Now just have to learn how to make them smaller.

-------------

Message posted by Peanut on June-18-2008 at 9:47pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

If you are shooting in NEF RAW with the D300 you could have 12 meg files. Multiply that by 8 and you're close to a 100 meg file.  Is that not way over kill for something that will finish up as a much reduced file size on a website?

I would have thought batch processing the RAW files to control color contrast. exposure etc. then saving as JPEG's prior to stitching.  I use my D50 shooting in RAW (only 6 Meg file size and not my D300) and they stitch fine..

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register