Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Insert Photo Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on June-10-2008 at 2:47pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
I was contacted today by a client with the question...

Can I insert a photo into the pano?

What the client is wanting to do is this. He owns a dance studio and is planning on taking portraits of a couple dancing on a chroma key background and wants me to then extract them and add to the pano scene.

Or would this be easier just to shoot the action and try blending it?

Smooth... you did suggest a while back to someone to go with the sigma 8mm (which I have) for the capability of this. How long would I need via your paid tutorial to learn how to do this?

Thanks,
pixel

Message posted by Vince on June-10-2008 at 2:51pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
If you have Photoshop, that would be easy, IF you shoot the couple with the same lens and with the camera in the same position as you had it when you shot the tour. That way the scale would be the same and you would not end up with giants or midgets (or "Dancers of enhanced or diminished proportions" if you want to be P.C. about it ) If the owner is planing on doing the shooting be prepared for what could be a nightmare trying to get everything to look right.

Message posted by tturner on June-11-2008 at 1:15am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

The chroma key as your client suggests would only help you cut out the talent from the background easier.  With proper technique you can cut them out from any background.  The most important aspect for chroma key is to have the lighting quality on the dancers match the lighting of the space you are placing them.  Light direction and contrast ratios need to be the same for the talent to appear real in the new environment.  If the lighting direction in the pano, where you will place the dancers, is from the right then the main source of light for the chroma key must also be from the right.  Now the fun part, for the key to be an effective tool it needs to be evenly lit across the whole screen (spot meter comes in handy) and your talent then needs their own lighting to simulate the screen direction.  Would it not be easier to put the dancers in the real scene?  And as mentioned before if you shoot the pano with your Sigma 8 then the dancers must be shot with the fisheye as well to keep proper perspective.  

I don't know everything about pano's but I have been lighting and shooting green screen for film and video production for over twenty-five years.  This is one topic where I do think I know what is going on.

If you want more tips contact me off list.
Good Luck...
TTurner      

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register