Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: VM creation failed. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by shdwsclan on June-21-2008 at 1:25am
View shdwsclan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by shdwsclan Search   Quote shdwsclan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
shdwsclan
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-21-2008
1 Posts
I just installed the EasyPano PanoWeaver 5.0 trial and installed it. I tried to run the program but it just gives me a pop-up box with Launch Failure as the title and states "VM creation failed."

I found an old article about a problem encountered with PanoWeaver 3.0 and stated to install the newest JRE, but that is exactly what I have. I have the Sun Java JDK 6 update 6 installed which is the newest available.

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-21-2008 at 8:45am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Hi shdwsdan, and welcome to the forum. This is the place to get all the help you will ever need with Easypano products. I had the same problem when I first purchased PW5. Below is what they told me to do and fixed the problem.

Please go to the installation directory of pw5, and delete the file "settings.dat" in the folder. Then restart the computer to have a try. If it still doesn't work, please uninstall the SUN JRE and remove it completely from the computer, and then reinstall it at http://www.easypano.com/panorama-gallery.html to have a try.

Hope this helps.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by adavis2 on July-09-2008 at 8:29pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I have removed any and everything related to sun jre java, and removed easypano and reinstalled everything and im still getting this message.  Any other tips?

Message posted by tuscanjewels on June-04-2009 at 10:37am
View tuscanjewels's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tuscanjewels Search   Visit tuscanjewels's Homepage www   Quote tuscanjewels Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tuscanjewels
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-31-2009
4 Posts
Ok reinsatallation fix the problem. THanks!

PS Still looking forward to talk to Carolyn or someone else about the 6 upgared.

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-16-2009 at 11:33am
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
I had a few problems with this again. However, what i discovered is that in the panoweaver 5 folder, not only was there a panoweaver.exe file but there was a panoweaver1024.exe file and my shortcut was pointing at this. This file gives the "VM creation failed" error whereas panoweaver.exe does not. Any ideas what the 1024 file is all about? maybe the support people would have some light to shed on this!

Anyhow, I've got the beast working again at last!

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView
Want Atmospheric Headers for your web page the easy way?

http://www.cosmicrayimages.thenorthernview.biz

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-17-2009 at 1:42pm
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Well, that didn't last long at all! I am getting constant out of memory errors, every time I try to stitch and that's on a machine with 2Gb of memory.

What's going on with pw5?

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView
Want Atmospheric Headers for your web page the easy way?

http://www.cosmicrayimages.thenorthernview.biz

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register