Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Finally got a set-up! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chapt0r on June-27-2008 at 1:39pm
View chapt0r's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chapt0r Search   Visit chapt0r's Homepage www   Quote chapt0r Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey guys,

We have been shooting with a one-shot lens for about a year, and we just finally picked up a Nodal Ninja 5l, and a Sigma 3.5 fish-eye. I have had a pano-weaver license for some time now, but first time using it.

Are there any guides, or tips for using this equipment?

I have only done a total of 3 test shots so far, and have found I need to figure out how to keep the exposure the same on all. Not sure how to AE lock on the XTI. (beginner perhaps on that)

I also seen the and downloaded the trial of photomatrix for the HDR images as we are trying to obtain the most out of our panoramics coming from the one-shot. ;) To take multiple exposures is there an auto setting for this, or do I just adjust the F setting and take say 3 shots?

Apologize for the questions, but it is like Christmas here. ;)

Cheers

W

Message posted by Vince on June-27-2008 at 3:59pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
To get the same exposure you need to set your camera to "Manual" not any of the auto settings. Also, bracket with shutter speed, not aperture (f-stop) that will keep you zone of focus from changing and screwing up your blending.
Vince

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-28-2008 at 12:19pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Also need to make sure you use the same white balance for each shot and not "Auto" white balance. This will make blending more even.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-01-2008 at 5:45pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Not much I can add other than...make sure your first shot is level (ive got a built in bubble level on the agnos rotator), I'm experimenting with shooting in RAW barring a couple of issues documented elsewhere, set the cam up for one shot and keep those settings as you go round for the rest of the shots, always better to underexpose slightly rather than over expose.

Have a bash and then ask for any help with any issues you've had. I loved my wee 0-360 but the results with the sigma are amazing!

F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register