Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Installation and Activation on second com Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on July-02-2008 at 3:17pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I seem to remember there being some info that you could install PW5 on two comps you owned. I can't seem to 'activate' my new computer.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-02-2008 at 4:16pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Found this in the FAQ section.

What if I have more than one computer? Can I activate and use the software on multiple machines?

For Single User License, NO. According to current Easypano End-User License Agreements, single user license only allows you to use the software on one computer. Concurrent use and activation on more than one computer is restricted and won't come through.

For Volume License, YES. You can activate and use the software on the allowed numbers of computers according to the licenses quantities you purchased.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on July-02-2008 at 5:05pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You have to deactivate PW 5 by 'Transfer License"  on the old machine first and then you can activate it on your new machine.

Well, the real answer is.. yes,  But you can only use 1 machine at a time.

Install PW 5 on 2 or more machines.  ALL are now trial version mode.

Its also necessary that ALL machines have internet access collectively on a local area network, or individually - similar to dial up access.

1. On 1 machine.

Open PW5 on machine #1,  select  HELP  "Easypano Product Activation" and enter the access code .. and let it access the internet and activate itself with the Easypano server.  Server now knows 1 software product has been activated.

2. To use the software on another machine. On machine 1 click  HELP  "Transfer License"  This returns machine #1 back to Trail version - and transfers the licence back Easypano server as "unused mode"

Now on the other machine Repeat action 1 above.  So you really can have PW 5 on multiple computers... you can only use it on 1 machine at a time.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-02-2008 at 5:13pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
That's what you call a real work around! But as long as it works.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on July-02-2008 at 5:54pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
The process is sort of like Photoshop (yes you can put PS on 2 machines).  But when you need to put it on a 3rd machine.. you have to "transfer licence" off of 1 of the current machines.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-02-2008 at 5:55pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Thanks guys...maybe it is TW that lets you have it on a laptop and a desktop?
Personally I HATE that rule...its me that pays for the flaming licence not my computer...fair do's if I was giving it to someone else or using it on a computer owned by someone else.

Sorry EP but I'm no fan of that system.

PS If I transfer from my portable to my bigger laptop, can I transfer back? I'm assuming I can as long as it is only on one computer at one time?
Thanks muchly

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-02-2008 at 5:56pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Yes - I see you said it can.

Thanks

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register