Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Too much noise Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Peanut on July-02-2008 at 5:47pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts
What is the optimum file type and size to input into Panoweaver, JPEG or RAW that can be converted into an HDR image. I want to create the best downloadable file for viewing? Trying three RAW NEF files from a D300 I seem to build up lots of noise that cannot be removed with Neat Image.  The JPEG's appear to be much better. Does that make sence? Anyone any ideas?

Message posted by 360texas on July-03-2008 at 3:46pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Well we use a Canon camera that uses a RAW file type called .cr2.  But was just looking in pw5 and I see only a RAW .NEF .CRW or .DNG

I usually convert our RAW  .CR2  to TIF

And I use ISO 50  for low picture noise.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Peanut on July-03-2008 at 9:55pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

I was using a Nikon D300 that creates NEF RAW files.  However my Nikon D50 also creates NEF RAW files - but they are not the same.  For a start Photoshop CS2 cannot read the D300 RAW files, they have to be converted to DNG files first. CS3 can read the D300 RAW files. I guess Adobe are not updating CS2 RAW formats.

I seem to get a lot less noise using JPEG's from my D300 and keeping everything in 16bit TIF through Panoweaver, Photomatix and Photoshop then back to Panoweaver. Of course I'm talking HDR images.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register