Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Mis- alignment Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Peanut on July-02-2008 at 5:53pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts
If I finish up with an image that has not lined up quite correctly (not stitched perfectly) in one or two places (say 98% perfect), is that an indication the camera is not correctly lined up on the Mrotator TCP tripod mount?. And is that then trial and error to get it positioned just right?

Message posted by 360texas on July-03-2008 at 3:37pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm  obtaining the No parallax point on the TCP Short pan head is not really a trial and error task.  True its a visual calibration alignment  process.  But once set to the millimeter mark, you probably won't have to do it again  AND it will help greatly during the stitching process.

If you have already calibrated camera/lens/ pan head you might want to revisit and refine your current settings.

Otherwise

Its an easy task, takes about 15 minutes if you want me to help walk you through the process,  I am on MS Live Chat or Yahoo chat and have a fast connection speed suitable for video/ audio conferencing .

Not used for email.  Chat only
MS Live   texas360 at hotmail.com
Yahoo      texas360dave at yahoo.com

Just add me to your contact list.

Tomorrow is 4th July holiday.. so I will probably be out in the backyard for a while.  My phone number is on our website.   During the summer time I have 2 types of wearing attire.  1 wet bathing suit and 1 dry one.  And I always have a walk about phone sitting next to a beer. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-03-2008 at 3:52pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
In addition to Dave's help here is a link to a great tutorial that Smooth sent me.
http://www.rosaurophotography.com/html/technical7.html
Hope this helps, with the help of Dave and Smooth I think I have mine set just about perfect.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-03-2008 at 4:02pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Also just found this tutorial. http://www.outline.be/quicktime/tuto/TheGrid.pdf

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Peanut on July-03-2008 at 9:46pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

Dave and Jerry thanks for the info. 

I have just viewed both those web links you suggested Jerry and I am going to give that methord a try. It looks straight forward. If I get stuck I'll contact Dave - hopefully in his dry bathing suit.

Thanks again.

Message posted by 360texas on July-04-2008 at 9:44am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

At 7:30 this morning sunrise.  No bathing suit, no beer yet.  Do have phone.  Have to do some last minute shopping this morning. BBQ out on the deck this afternoon.  Leave a note on chat and Ill get back to you.

Yes water is about 86 degrees warm.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-09-2008 at 11:38am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Dave - would it be at all possible for me to have a chat with you about sorting the D300 with Sigma 8mm and the TCP please? I'm away till next week but sometimes I seem to get easy to stitch shots and sometimes I'm struggling even when I'm pinpointing lots of wee flags on the maunal stitch part of PW5.
Totally understand that you have important things to do other than that but it would be, as ever, much appreciated.

Cheers

Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by 360texas on July-09-2008 at 3:39pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Certainly,

MS Live   texas360 at hotmail.com
Yahoo      texas360dave at yahoo.com

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-10-2008 at 4:29pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cheers Dave - I might have actually solved it myself, my current work seems to be working far better that yesterday.

Thanks muchly
F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by 360texas on July-12-2008 at 4:46pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

AND please tell us what you did to solve the issue ?

We use this forum as a collection of work flow issues and searchable resolutions.  Hope you can help build this knowledge base.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register