Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Suggestions: Static from Pano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Hawkaye007 on July-03-2008 at 1:29pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts
Ok, just got a call from a client recently shot.  They are asking for static shots of one of the rooms I shot.  After the fact of course.  So, my question is this, is it possible to correct distortion of the fisheye and then crop it to a proper appearing wide angle image?  Normally I take wide angle statics with my Nikon 4500 and WC-E63, which works great for most purposes.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into a similar request from a client, or for their own purposes.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-03-2008 at 2:33pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Try this program and see if it will work. I have it but don't use it much, really it's more because I don't know much about it. But I think it will do what you want. Also if you use Photoshop CS3 I think it will do it as well but I don't own CS3.
http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by prb16 on July-03-2008 at 3:15pm
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
PW5 will actually un-warp a single circular fish eye image. Select your image, select 1 circular fish eye then click the stitch option. The results are not perfect but you can also use the PS PTLens plug-in to help with the distortion. I have only played around with this so there may be a better solution.

Another option would be to run the pano in full screen mode and then take a screen capture then crop out the area you need.

Paul.

Message posted by 360texas on July-03-2008 at 3:23pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am assuming you are using a coolpix nikon fisheye lens

Open PW5, 

Image type : Circular Fisheye  and tell it 1 image only

Load your 1 fisheye image

and Stitch the 1 image panorama.  What Panoweaver will do is DEwarp the image to say a 2000 x 2000 pixel flat image.

When I tried.. it dewarped the full circle image (canon 5d and full circle Sigma 8) alright.. but the door frames and angles came out bit odd.

After dewarping the fe image, and if you have Photoshop CS3 there is an option item tool called   EDIT |  TRANSFORM | WARP  and PS puts a grid overlay on the image.. and you can drag the doorway edges vertical.

What would I do? On my first site visit I would take my little pocket Canon powershot 10mpixel point and shoot  and use it.  Other wise I would take your E-63  24mm wide angle lens back to the site and reshoot.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register