Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Finished a tour- but what next? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Peanut on July-03-2008 at 10:47pm
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

Just finished a tour I did below deck on a boat today. Wanted to send it to the owner but after clicking "Publish" the folder that was saved is 7.4Mb. I cannot post to a website so how do I email it to the boat owner so he can view on his computer?

This is by far from a perfect tour. I just want to see what it could look like and it was all done for fun.

Message posted by Vince on July-04-2008 at 12:05am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
You could burn it to a CD, and get that to him. If you can't post to the web, what are you going do with the finished tour?

Message posted by Peanut on July-04-2008 at 12:14am
View Peanut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Peanut Search   Quote Peanut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts
My website is currently under construction.

Message posted by Vince on July-04-2008 at 1:42am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts

Message posted by DaMan on July-04-2008 at 3:00am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Peanut.

As long as you have a hosting company for your domain you can upload your tour to it to test.  I use filezilla (freeware) with no problems.  I also do not have a website yet but I will soon.  I have been testing tours online for months thou.

You can just uplload the entire  flashvr folder to the /html folder.  Just make sure you save it in the /html folder and test the link to the tour page that TW 3 makes.  ex.  www . yourdomain.com/_flashvr/tourweaver_filename.html . I am not sure on the exact file name because I have pro edition and changed it to my company name ut I think the default is /tourweaver_XXXX.html 

Message posted by Vince on July-04-2008 at 3:36am
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
DaMan, not sure I understand, you use filezilla to ftp the tour to your web site? Why don't you use the "publish" feature in TW? I use TW1.25, is TW3 different?

Message posted by DaMan on July-04-2008 at 4:17am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Yes, TW3 does not have the FTP function.  I am not sure why they removed it but they did . :)

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-04-2008 at 10:27am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I had a very long email conversation with them about removing the FTP function when I purchased TW3. They said they had received to many complaints about problems users were having with it so they removed it instead of fixing the problems.
When you click on publish you should be able to direct the files to your FTP in the "Output Destination:" box. That should send it to the FTP so you can then publish from your FTP.
Hope this helps, anyway that's how I publish.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Peanut on July-04-2008 at 11:58am
Peanut
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2008
46 Posts

OK, you all have me completely lost!!

I "Published" the tour in Panoweaver and that created a folder in which there were 3 additional folders with the flash etc. files.

I opened Tourweaver (for the first time) and could not even figure how to bring my Panoweaver tour into it. Maybe I don't do that? I am sure I am doing everything wrong but in words of one syllable - what should I do to get this tour viewable on my website still under construction? Or to be able to email a link? 

What does FTP mean, I am ebarrassed to ask? Remember you are talking to a 3 year old child!!

Message posted by Vince on July-04-2008 at 1:10pm
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
FTP = File Transfer Protocol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

It's how computers transfer data. In TW 1.25 the publish page had a "publish to the web" option, and you could designate the folder you wanted the tour to go to. like on you computer, instead of
Peanuts Computer > c dive > My Company > Tours > Johns House of pancakes tour

You would have

ftp:peanutswebsite.com/tours/JohnsHouseOfPancakesTour

Call your web host and tell them you want to set up FTP, and you don't know how to do it. If they are worth a nything, they will walk you through it. You will need a user name and password to log on. Once they have you set up, (if you are using a PC) go to the start menu and click "my network places" then "add new location." Most of the menus from then are pretty straight forward, but it is a Windows system, so be prepared to spend a little time figuring out what the questions mean.

Once the ftp site is set up, it will appear in "my network places", click on it, and (most likely) Internet Explore (IE) will launch. under "File" chose "log on as" enter your user name and password, I click "remember me", and, 'Bob's your uncle' (it's an obscure joke kids, go ask your folks) you have a ftp site.

You may be able to "drag and drop" files like you do when moving things around on you computer, but IIRC, the files must be zipped first. Google "ftp clients" for a list of applications that can help get files off your computer on to your ftp sight.

I'm out of coffee, so ta for now.

Vince

ETA: your computer is very tolerant of spaces in file names, ftp sites not so much. so instead of

Johns House Of Pancakes Tour

It should be

JohnsHouseOfPanckesTour

or

Johns_House_Of_Pancakes_Tour

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register