Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: how good is the fc-e9? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by John on December-12-2003 at 6:31pm
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
I didn't know the fc-e9 would work with the SLR Nikons. How does it's quality compare to the (relatively poor) quality of the familiar fc-e8? Anyone know?

Agnos, do you make a mount that would work with the higher quality fisheyes, like the Sigma 8mm, Nikkor 8mm or perhaps the Peleng (not so sure about the quality of that last one...)

John

Message posted by agnos on December-13-2003 at 9:59am
View agnos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by agnos Search   Visit agnos's Homepage www   Quote agnos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
agnos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
November-26-2003
25 Posts
Hi John,
we are marketing one new head for the analogic camera reflex in order to use the Sigma 8mm. As far as the qualitative difference ( FC-E8 / FC-E9 with 24mm f2,8D ) we are making a document of I compare, to short it will be ready.
Agnos

Message posted by yowsiang on May-20-2004 at 3:11am
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Hi Agnos any test yet of the e-9 on the new mRotator? I am at the verge of buying to use it on my FujiS2Pro but just need to see a sample...

ys

Message posted by smooth on May-20-2004 at 4:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi All,

I'm of the opinion after using both the FC-E8 and the FC-E9 is that the FC-E8 produces a sharper image. This said, even the FC-E8 is a soft lens (on the edges!) So sharpening in Photoshop is always required. Using a CP5700 or CP8700 with a FC-E9 it would be possible to produce good quality panoramas but not all that much better than the Coolpix Series with a FC-E8. If you really wish to produce better bigger panorama's you will need to use a more advanced Digital SLR Camera with a high quality fisheye lens like the Nikkor 8mm or Sigma 8mm.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by yowsiang on May-20-2004 at 4:09am
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

thanks smooth, but most of my jobs has very short timeline and i can afford only two shot... its not possible for DSLR to work with 8MM sigma in two shot right?

ys

Message posted by smooth on May-20-2004 at 4:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Unfortunately unless you have a full frame (Sensor) DSLR like a Canon 1Ds or Kodak Pro. Sigma Fisheye Images taken with any other digital camera cannot be stitched with Panoweaver as they do not produce a full circular image it is heavily cropped on each side. So it doesn't matter if you wish to use 2 shots or 3 it will not work at all with Panoweaver (at this stage!). The cheapest way to get superior results for the least amount of $$$$ outlay.

Would be

• Analogue 35mm SLR Camera
  • Sigma 8mm Lens
  • Panohead
  • Panoweaver Software  

You will need to have your FILM developed to digital format "CD" or have then developed to "SLIDE" and use a slide scanner to make your images digital.

This would produce superior FULL SCREEN panorama's for minimal out $$$ vs Results.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by yowsiang on May-20-2004 at 4:35am
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts
sad...

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register