Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Pre-stitch problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Nectar on August-02-2008 at 10:51am
View Nectar's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nectar Search   Quote Nectar Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi, I have just started using Panoweaver 5 and so far it has been good until recently. I can load my 6 images and when I select pre-stitch the box opens and I can see it starting to stitch. When it gets to 47% the box disappears and I am left with a blank screen in the image show area. I can view all of the matching points which seen to be correct. I have tried this with previous photos from other projects which worked fine but not anymore. Has anyone got any ideas? I have also tried different types of photo format without success which have worked fine before.

Message posted by 360texas on August-03-2008 at 3:15pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi,  welcome to the forum.

Would be helpful to know:

Camera mfg?  Lens?

Image type? Raw, Tif, 8bit or 16bit, jpeg ?

I am assuming the 4 images are 90 deg and 1 up shot, 1 down shot.?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Nectar on August-03-2008 at 5:06pm
View Nectar's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nectar Search   Quote Nectar Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi, I have been using a Canon 350D with a Tokina 10-17mm. I have used Raw, dng and jpeg. The settings I used are full frame 6 shots. I have been using spherical and then converting them to cubic without any problem. Now the status bar reaches 47% and disappears. I have removed the settings dat file and also re installed the software but still have the same problem. I have used 8 bit and 16 bit.

Message posted by 360texas on August-03-2008 at 7:08pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Wow ! Very specific issue.  Tokina is 10 to17mm zoom and at what millimeter did you use for all 6 of your images  ?   Hopefully you used 10mm for all of your 6 images.

Hopefully useful inforamtion.. but we will see.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Nectar on August-03-2008 at 7:27pm
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi,  I used it at 10mm

Message posted by JamesB on August-28-2008 at 7:44pm
View JamesB's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JamesB Search   Quote JamesB Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JamesB
Standard Member
Standard Member
Japan
August-28-2008
1 Posts

I have the exact same problem.

It stitches until 47%, asks me to create two new matching points but then it does not create the stitched image. Boo!

I am using Vista Home Premium and a Nikon D70 camera with fisheye lens.

I have tried using NEF files and Jpegs but the problem is the same. What gives?

Message posted by Vince on August-28-2008 at 8:05pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi James and Nectar,
Nectar, what operating system are you running on your computer? Also, do either of you remember running an update for your O.S. recently? I have a client that had problems with a (non-easypano) program after she did a Vista update.
Viince

Message posted by Genseng on August-28-2008 at 10:08pm
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hi, Nectar.

Please have a try as follow:

1.open the setting directory of the program, it should be at \Program Files\Easypano\Panoweaver 5.00

2. there, delete the file named "settings.dat" and "pw5_runtime.log", then reboot your computer.

If the issue still exists, please send your images to us for testing, our email address is support@easypano.com

THX very much.

Message posted by Nectar on August-29-2008 at 3:33pm
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies much appreciated.

The problem has cleared. The battery went flat on my laptop and after recharging everything is working (fingers crossed). I was thinking it might be a memory problem but I am unable to recreate it. I am using Vista Home Premium with 2 GB Ram, 32-bit operating system and I have everything set for automatic updates. To JamesB reply I never got the option regarding stitching, the box that usually opens regarding matching points never appears. I sent the photos to tech support and they had no problem stitching them. Before the problem cleared I deleted the dat file but it made no difference. Strange one.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register