Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Where to buy in Australia Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wozzaj on August-11-2008 at 12:08am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Hi All.

I am looking at getting the Canon EOS 450D camera with the Sigma AF 8mm f3.5 EX DG lens. Also an Agnos TCP short bracket and Manfrotto ball head and tripod

Does anyone know where in Australia is the best place to order from regarding price and service etc.

Thanks in advance,

Wozza,

-------------
Regards,
Wozza
EOS 450D, Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG, Manfrotto 190XPROB

Message posted by smooth on August-11-2008 at 8:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You might look at www.nodalninja.com.au for a local panohead if you don't wish to import from Italy - buying from either you should mention "Smooth" sent you for some sort of discount or bonus. Any major department store can supply the Canon 450D with the Good Guys & Harvey Norman offering decent prices (after bartering!) The Sigma lens range is distributed by C.R. Kennedy in Australia and most camera stores can supply these.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on August-11-2008 at 6:12pm
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks Smooth.

I have checked out these places and have found places in Hong Kong selling the camera body for over $200 cheaper and that includes a warranty too, plus a few extras such as a bag, SD card and extra battery etc.

I am new to this and am hoping this setup will be good enough to produce good quality virtual tours - what do you think?!?!

Thanks,

Wozza.

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-11-2008 at 6:17pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Before you purchase check out this thread. I almost made the mistake of looking for the bargain.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by wozzaj on August-11-2008 at 8:28pm
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks Jerry - will bear that in mind.

Wozza

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2008 at 3:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

My suggestion would be if you want a Canon camera then buying from Hong Hong will be OK so long as it comes with International warranty and will be repaired in Australia. Back to base warranty will be a killer if YOU have to pay for postage back to Hong Hong not to mention the time delays.

For Nikon cameras forget it. Nikon company warranty is NOT International - in fact if your serial is out region you cannot even update firmware or download local language software updates. (this issue does not apply for Nikkor/Nikon Lenses)

Nodal Ninja Panoheads are now only available direct from www.nodalninja.com.au for Australia Pacific Region customers. Local supplier for local customers, this is better for customers with warranty, support and faster delivery times. One of the biggest benefits of the Nodal Ninja is that there is a know list of camera/lens position settings to correctly align for rotation shooting on the No Parallax Point.

Of course the Agnos MrotatorTCPS has been a favourite of mine for years and I still use one along with Nodal Ninja panoheads. The delivery times form Italy are typically fairly quick.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on August-12-2008 at 4:40pm
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks again Smooth. It's the warranty issue that has kept me dithering on which place on Ebay to buy from. Some do offer an international warranty and some a sellers warranty where it has to be sent back to HK. I am emailing each of the companies to verify their warranties before purchasing.

I know the EOS 450D is a new camera and so haven't eard anything about reliabilty etc so want the internatinal the warranty for sure.

Thanks again,
Wozza.

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-18-2008 at 6:45pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

Make sure its a proper international warranty and not a 'importer' warranty. I bought from digitalrev and a friend of mine has had HUUUUUGE issues with them. They haven't replied to any of my emails asking what I'd do if and when my cam is out of their warranty and something goes wrong.

Cheap cam, which I love, with loads of extras but I'm already saving for one from Jessops in the UK which, if it has a problem, I can take back and get fixed.

Peace of mind is worth it IMHO.

HTH
F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by wozzaj on August-18-2008 at 8:53pm
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks.

I wrote and checked that the warranty is international and they agreed and stated on their website that if an issue occurs, they will locate the nearest dealer to where I live and get it repaired there. Have bought the camera and am now sourcing the Sigma AF 8mm f3.5 EX DG. Have found a place in the US that is by far the cheapest anywhere, called Sigma4less (http://sigma4less.com/sigma-fisheye-8mm-f35-ex-dg-circular-fish-eye-autofocus-lens-for-canon-eos.html ) Price is US $599.99.  However, I am unable to register fully with them with my billing/mailing address as they only seem to cater for US customers. I have emailed them to find out if this is the case. Buying it from here with the Aussie dollar still being strong, the price is a over $200 cheaper at about AUS $685.00. There are places on Ebay that it can be got for as little as about $800.00 too and that is also with a 1 year international warranty.

Message posted by wozzaj on August-20-2008 at 4:35pm
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

A quick update. After sending two emails to Sigma4less about information regarding the lens and how to register on their website, there still has been no reply so does not inspire confidence in dealing with them. If they can't be bothered to reply to an email - I can't be bothered doing business with them - the search contines!!

Woz.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register