Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Customer Check List Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on August-13-2008 at 3:30pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Well we have determined that we are moving forward with Mrs. Pixel joining 360 Virtuals

As we are getting very close to starting our venture, I would like to ask what you guys think of this idea.

I am thinking of creating a .pdf file that will be printed off so that Mrs. Pixel can take it along for the customer. Once the sale has been establish Mrs. Pixel presents this form to the customer to fill out and bring to the shoot.

On the form will be things such as....
Check those that apply

Select View
1. Full 360 rotation
2. Add ceiling in rotation
3. Add floor in rotation

Select Floor
1. Mirror Ball
2. Personalized Tri-Pod cap
3. Match Flooring

etc. you get the idea. 360 rotation will cost more than the others.

Mrs. Pixel and I have been researching prices and what to charge. I know this topic has been beat to death here but the range is as wide as the Pacific ocean. We have seen pano starting at $49.00 going up to $50,000.00. Our ideal market price would be that of

Virtually-Anywhere
however, my skills are lacking a bit from what they are producing. Over the course of the past few years, I have been shooting panos that cover the 360 degree rotation for $50.00 per scene. On average I would say that I left the homes shooting around 6-8 panos. Thus profiting me $300.00 - $400.00.

Now that Mrs. Pixel is on board I will need to cover the cost of her salary while also maintaining income to update equipment.

With all that said we have decided to set our prices at $125.00 per scene. This scene will not show the ceiling or floor. If the customer wishes to add a full rotation it will cost $25.00 to include the ceiling and depending on what type of tri-pod cap they choose will add more as well.

We do not have a lot of competition in the area. We do want to price ourselves to get business but do not want to price ourselves out of business either.

We are not asking that you share with us what you charge, we are simply asking for your guidance on whether this is a fair price or do you think we could charge more.

Do you like the idea of printing off a check list for the customer to fill out?

Thanks a bunch guys,
Pixel & Mrs. Pixel

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-13-2008 at 3:52pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
The price seems fair to me as long as you don't plan on doing real estate. You could probably get that kind of money from maybe upscale hotels, night clubs or restaurants. Might even try car dealership showrooms and repair facilities. Will have to do your homework before you go out, do they even have a website, would a tour benefit their business? You will have to go armed with samples to show what you can do.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-13-2008 at 4:02pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Oh, almost forgot. If you are going to do real estate, most companies have "preferred vendors" programs. You pay them so much and you get to email all their agents, you can have your business card and brochures in the office. You also can do "lunch and learn" to show your products. You of course have to bring lunch. I know this is very big with Keller Williams franchises.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by tturner on August-13-2008 at 11:28pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Pixel,
Be prepared to show the clients what the different options are.  Very very few understand the technology or terminology.  I have had a few prospects ask if they took the photos and I put it together.  Others have asked what type of video camera I use. 

Good luck,
TTurner

Message posted by 360texas on August-14-2008 at 9:31am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Questions:

Select View - I think you are talking about limiting the vertical view.
1. Full 360 rotation                       I understand - you mean autorotation
2. Add ceiling in rotation             If the whole pano rotates - IT ALL rotates
3. Add floor in rotation                 Same question - IT ALL ROTATES

Select Floor
1. Mirror Ball
Its to cover the tripod - called Tripod cap

2. Personalized Tri-Pod cap
Not personalized - commercial advert on tripod cap YOUR company logo or theirs .  IF theirs - they pay for advertising.  Your logo is free.

3. Match Flooring
They won't know "match floor" - I would just tell them their logo and phone number on tripod cap  or YOUR free logo tripod cap.

Trying to patch the tripod cap takes too long to complete and GET Correct.    So its a tripod cap 'PWeaver floor' patch - with their logo/  your logo.

What to do about Copyright?  Do you plan to do "Work for hire?" if so make sure the copyright is transfered in writing to the client upon final payment.  No final payment - you retain the copyright usage of the imaging.  That goes in writing on the purchase order for Imaging Services.  Yes, they sign the purchase order before any work is started.

Purchase order for Imaging Services includes a few required elements

Purchase order number and date.

Clients full name and address,
contact telephone cell phone #'s,
Expected Start date - Expected product turn over to client date

Scope of work.  What rooms, exterior imaging?
Product file Format, Size = 800kb, 1.5mb  flash, qtvr, java, display size 800 x 600.

Note :  delivery product includes ONLY finished panorama images.
Means excludes orginal RAW images from the camera, intermediate work in progress files.

How many images to be taken
Imaging Unit price  Total Project price,  Sales Tax (Europe  VAT)

Required No Refund Deposit %

Balance $$$ due upon client final approval and acceptance

Written copyright transfers upon their check clearing the bank.

What happens IF you fail to complete work on time -

Sunshine clause -  Rain Delays,  How to deal with 'retakes'. 

Pricing single shot images ?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on August-14-2008 at 9:52am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Howdy Dave,

What I am thinking is this:

The tour that they purchase will have a limited view...(no ceiling or floor). If they want ceiling that will cost an extra $?.00 If they want floor that will cost and extra $?.00 Should they want a full 360 view that will cost ceiling $?.00 + floor $?.00

I know what the mirror balls purpose is. I was listing it here for what I am wanting to do with a client purchase sheet. Mirror ball (if choosing the floor or 360 option) will cost $?.00 choosing the personalized cap will cost a bit more than the mirror ball and choosing the "match floor" option will cost more than the tri-pod cap.

Hope that makes sense?

Just trying to come up with selling options...more $

Like I will list on my site tour will be completed in x amount of days, if you wish to have your tour by next business day it will cost an extra $?.00

Message posted by 360texas on August-14-2008 at 10:06am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Sorry I was editing my comment when you were replying.

At one time Real Estate would only be on the market for couple months.  Putting alot of work into creating pano's just means alot more work for you.   Today,  maybe 60 - 120 days.

Remember the real estate client just wants property panoramas and is probably not too picky.   Client just needs to sell HIS product the home property.

I would not offer to many options.  Keep the pricing structure small  simple.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on August-14-2008 at 11:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Pixel,

I think your on the right track with your selections. Only you know your area and market (along with marketing skills). The only thing is that you may need clear samples both online and on paper to explain this to the average Joe & Jane.

Check boxes make it simple and for sure can put dollars into your pocket. If real estate customers don't want any options they simply won't check the boxes for their "poverty pack" we don't want to pay much tours.

BTW: HDR (better IDR) "Increased Dynamic Range" could also be a value added option along with CD/DVD.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register