Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: HD Pano's and Photo's Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by azpano on November-03-2008 at 1:34pm
View azpano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by azpano Search   Visit azpano's Homepage www   Quote azpano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
azpano
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-25-2007
10 Posts
Lately I have been hearing a buzz regarding HD Tours, Pano's and/or Photos anyone currently doing these, creating or hosting HD tours/panos, photos, ect...that could give some insight on this...?

-------------
AzPano

Message posted by 360texas on November-03-2008 at 1:39pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
HD or High Definition might just mean making the display viewer size 16:9 ratio.  View window might be 800 x 450.   Or 9/16 = 56%.  800 x .56 = 448.  Computer monitors still display at 72 pixels per inch.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on November-03-2008 at 1:46pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Maybe you are referring to what everyone is incorrectly calling HDR (High Dynamic Range)? These are really fused bracketed images that (Increase the Dynamic Range) IDR.

Here is a sample

It was made from 7 images with 9 brackets of each image + a hand held Nadir shot making a total of 64 images to make the IDR panorama. It was shot with a Nikon D300 and Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye.

Here is another sample

It was made from 3 RAW images only and then from the RAW image each was processed to create 7 different exposures make a total of 21 images in total from the original 3 shots to create the final panorama. It was shot with a Canon 5D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by azpano on November-03-2008 at 3:06pm
View azpano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by azpano Search   Visit azpano's Homepage www   Quote azpano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
azpano
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-25-2007
10 Posts
Good insight on the aspect ration and I don't think these are "HDR" I just noticed this "HD" reference on realtor.com and what they are refering to as "HD City View" and "GigaPixel"  view, is this new technology or just cool marketing...here is a link http://neighborhoods.realtor.com/Tucson/3271/Metro

-------------
AzPano

Message posted by Thatone1785 on November-03-2008 at 11:04pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
That is nice, but nothing new in the way of technology. I think there is a lot of competition out there to have the best and the newest technology to entice visitors to go to your website... It's all marketing hype in my opinion. It's no surprise to finally see some real effort put out br realtor.com since they have been losing many visitors to trulia and zillow.

I think the terminology on the web with terms like 'HD' can be related to things we've discussed on this forum before. For example, many on my clients think my virtual tours are video. In fact, when a client who is familiar with my product watches me do a tour for the first time, they are very often surprised that no video camera is involved. I don't argue with anyone - they can call it whatever they want as long as I get paid.

Back to the Hi-Def stuff - I think many of us in the tour industry have been frustrated with the low quality tours on the web (ipix) that have given virtual tours a bad name... So in an attempt to set ourselves apart from others, some will use terms like HD just because it's the latest thing touted in Best Buy commercials, not because it actually describes the product accurately.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by smooth on November-04-2008 at 12:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, Gigapixel display is a whole other thing.

These are shot with zoom lenses and involve many hundreds for shots so you can zoom in on great detail. Not sure why anyone would be offering this for real estate marketing?

As mentioned by Will, this is simply marketing. There is noting "new" about any of this and calling it HD or Super Hi Res (SHR) is just fancy packaging.

Panoweaver is designed for Virtual Reality panorama tours shot with Fisheye or Super Wide Angle lenses with the added capability of being able to offer HDR images for rendering.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on November-04-2008 at 12:22pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok  the reference to HD in that Realtor.com side is Gigapan imaging.

Like Smooth said.. telephoto zoom lens, 100's of smaller single images.  Microsoft is the developer of Gigapan type panorama image viewer (free).  Which is something like  zoomify.

More about how you can create a Gigapan

http://www.gigapan.org/

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tbrusson on November-04-2008 at 2:25pm
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
High res pano (meaning pano which size can be up to 65536 x 32768 pixels unlike "high def" called pano (for marketing reason) which can be enfused panos) can be seen as long as the player let you download ony the part you wish to see.

This used to be the field of zommify vr (dedicated to pano unlike zommify (for simple image) but the product was not successfull and has been dropped a few years ago.

One does not require special equipement to make them. Just use the full resolution of the stitched images which would allow some zooming. (one could use a 21,1 Mpixels eos 5d MarkII for example, therefore allowing to capture a scene without too many panos which can be trouble with pedestrians or cars) Basically you don't scale down the stitched pano.

Other players in the market allow this kind of view of high res panos such as krpano and are already flash compatible : http://www.krpano.com/examples/multires/

thierry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register