Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: New to VT need Advice Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Northern Rider on November-28-2008 at 4:18pm
View Northern Rider's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Northern Rider Search   Quote Northern Rider Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Northern Rider
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-28-2008
2 Posts
Hello,

My wife and I are in real-estate marketing. Right now we do floor plans, feature sheets and pictures. I would like to get into VT but am having trouble deciding on the right technology. There seems to be two options out there. 1) do it ourselves through stitching software and tour software, then upload to the web so our clients can access them. 2) There are companies that hook you up with all the gear and support and you pay for them to host the tour. You can remote host if you want. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion. I am a big rookie when it comes to VT don't even know how to photo a room for a VT. I was thinking about going with option 2, just for the support. I have attached a link that will lead to a VT company (option 2) please experts take a look and let me know.

http://www.realtourvision.com/
http://www.voyager360.com/index.html

I don't want to bit off more than I can chew so any advice would be great. I would have to by the camera gear to go along with the canon     Xsi 2008 we already have.

Thanks for any help just want to spend my money correctley

Message posted by emarts on December-01-2008 at 10:51am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Boy, I wish I had the answer to that one myself! I considered RealTourVision, but decided that I don't do enough residential real estate to really justify using a service like theirs. And with the other one, I'm not all too familiar with them. Plus I don't like the quality of one-shot lenses.

To be honest, I've not pursued the residential market too much due to the low profitability. I've not figured out how to make decent money with it. I suppose if you are offering those other services, pairing them up with VTs is a good idea.

Anyway, if I were you, I would consider taking the time to really learn how to make decent VTs. Then maybe look into the tourweaver upload program:

http://www.easypano.com/real_estate.html#option1

Message posted by realtor jerry on December-01-2008 at 12:47pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Northern Rider and welcome to the forum. I checked out voyager360. For that price you can get a decent DSLR set-up and learn to do some great tours. The one shot lens you will definitely want to stay away from. I have one and most members of this forum have been down that road. My advice is to learn from our mistakes and start with quality equipment for quality results. You said you are in the real estate marketing business, remember, your name will be on the tours. In the marketing business you know that quality is everything, especially in this down market. I am a Nikon user and not familiar with the camera you have. I'm sure some of the cannon users will know what to use with your camera.
At any rate your have come to the right place to learn about tours, just keep asking any questions you may have.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by gtilley on December-14-2008 at 7:55pm
View gtilley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gtilley Search   Visit gtilley's Homepage www   Quote gtilley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gtilley
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
October-17-2008
6 Posts

Hi Northern Rider,

I 100% agree with Realtor Jerry...stay away from the 1 shot lens.  It may sound faster, but in the long run your quality will suffer....and I have tried it all!  I wnet form the 1 shot to the point and shoot nikon with the FC-E9 lens and finally realized that the best quality comes from a DSLR with a really good lens...money and time saved for you!   I to am a Nikon user, so I can't speak to your camera set up.

If you have specific questions about image stitching, tour layputs, image resolution, don't hesitate to email me at anytime.  I'm happy to answer any and all question that I can!

Greg

greg@panostitching.com

www.panostitching.com

-------------
Greg Tilley
www.panostitching.com
613-596-9833

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register