Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Sigma 8mm Fisheye on a Canon EOS 1Ds Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by NJGary on January-12-2004 at 1:02pm
View NJGary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by NJGary Search   Quote NJGary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
NJGary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-09-2004
17 Posts

Does anyone have any experience using a Sigma 8mm f/4.0 fisheye on a Canon EOS 1Ds.  I've tried a few panos with this equipment and I cannot get Panoweaver to stitch it properly.  Maybe I need to adjust the settings?  Before acquiring the Sigma lens I was using a Nikon Coolpix 5000 with the fisheye adapted and was able to stitch panos without any problems.

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2004 at 1:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi,

If you can post your images I can take a look and see if I can spot your problem.

The Canon 1Ds and Sigma combination should work just fine with Panoweaver

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by NJGary on January-12-2004 at 1:50pm
View NJGary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by NJGary Search   Quote NJGary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
NJGary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-09-2004
17 Posts

Hi,

Thanks, you can download the images.  Here are the links:

http://www.garykmeyer.com/Sigma Fisheye 001.jpg

http://www.garykmeyer.com/Sigma Fisheye 002.jpg

http://www.garykmeyer.com/Sigma Fisheye 003.jpg

Thanks for your assistance

Gary

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2004 at 11:30pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Gary,

I have taken a look at your shots and found that your nodal point setting is out by a country mile. You will need to adjust this.

I can tell you that the nodal point on a Sigma lens is about in line with the "Gold" band near the front of the lens.

Information on finding your cameras nodal point can be found here

Also to get the most out of your camera (and a very nice one you have) use the maximum resolution or at least something is the higher scale. That images you posted where tiny. (Although this may have been only for this test)

Good luck and lets see your next shots with the nodal point sorted out.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-13-2004 at 8:50am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Oh... does this mean that I'll be able to do a three image shot stich useing the Sigma 8mm and my new 300D??? (I'm waiting for the lens) I kinda got the impression that this ain't possible...

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on January-13-2004 at 10:25am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You are right Robert,

No such luck with the 300D or 10D as they do not have a full frame sensor like the Canon 11.1 megapixel 1Ds.

They use a multiplication factor of 1.6

I only wish it was that easy to stitch with my 10D or better still I wish I could afford to buy a 1Ds.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-13-2004 at 11:04am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

u got any images taken by ur 10d and fisheye for our perusal??

Also... what r u useing to stich ur shots with? Oh yeah... and if Easypano offered a four image stich... ie 4x 90 deg. would that make the stich possible?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on January-13-2004 at 11:36am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Here is a sample

I have compressed it by 50% but you will get the idea.

Download removed 14/01/2004

If people are keen I can send you a copy if you request via email.

Stitching is with Panotools at this stage.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-13-2004 at 2:50pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Cheers mate... well I notice the extra pixels for sure...

But u didn't answer the other querie... would 4 pics enable a sphere stich?

-------------

Message posted by NJGary on January-13-2004 at 7:00pm
NJGary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-09-2004
17 Posts
No matter what I do I cannot get Panoweaver to work with this equipment.  But, if I take the same exact files and run them through 3D Vista I get good looking panos.  Perhaps there's a problem with Panoweaver??

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register