Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Best Flash for Nikon D300 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-12-2009 at 11:20am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Am soon going to be buying one and have no knowledge about them at all. Does anyone have any advice on which is the best to buy - will be photographing interiors of old buildings with a 20 - 200 lens (also looking into pano photography - see other post).

My friend had an SB800 but I'm also looking for some 'flash for dummies' type info.

Thanks

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-12-2009 at 1:38pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

SB900 is the Nikon flash for "dummies". Very simple to use, the only one I've ever been able to figure out. You can use it "off camera" and the camera flash will fire the off camera flash. As a matter of fact you can set the on camera flash to not fire and have the off camera fire. You can set up several SB900's around and have the camera fire them all even if it can't see the flashes. No cables, no trigger mechanisms required. I bought mine from B&H Photo, I think for $400US each. This is of course the newest Nikon flash. The flash will also zoom, I think 17 to 200mm.
Just checked looks like they have gone up in price...I paid $812US for 2 of them in December, had to get them in time for a tax write-off.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register