Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Nikon D40x + Nodal Ninja 3 + Nikon 10.5mm Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Steve66 on March-27-2009 at 5:28pm
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi,
Does anyone use this set up?

• Nikon D40x + Nikon 10.5mm fisheye.
  • Nodal Ninja 3 tripod head.
  • Radio controlled shutter release.
  • Manfrotto tripod (I do find that the bubble spirit levels are never the same between the tripod bubble and NN3 bubble!) so I go with the NN3 bubble.

I use the recommended settings on the Nodal Ninja website but my shots still always need manual stitching help in Panoweaver 5.

http://www.nodalninja.com/html/nikon_settings.html

Does anyone else have to got through this same procedure or do you have a clean stitch every/most times?

I am wondering if the Nodal Ninja website settings are slightly off?

Message posted by smooth on March-28-2009 at 1:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your set up is not uncommon.

You should be using the bubble level on the panohead and setting it to level at position (1) shoot, rotate, shoot rotate etc until completed. Do not re-level between shots.

I can confirm that the setting listed on the website are only a starting point. "Some" are fairly accurate whilst others are out by a country mile. Showing us a panorama with the nadir tripod in place would help me guide you on positions. 

Better still provide us with a set of panorama images to stitch via a download link.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on March-28-2009 at 9:04am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steve66,

I have a message in my Private Message inbox from you. Unfortunately this feature does not work on the Easypano forums anymore. All I can see is a scripting error.

If you would like help it will have to be via this forum.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on March-28-2009 at 1:44pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steve,

The panorama images required need to show the unedited nadir. This requires you to shoot with -15 degree tilt.

Please see this thread for further information.

The image set you provided a download link to clearly showed you have not found the NPP.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Steve66 on March-28-2009 at 2:03pm
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi Smooth,
Thanks for the info, it is getting dark here now in the UK, so tomorrow I will follow the instructions as per your link.
All the best,
Steve

-------------
Nikon D40x + Nikon 10.5mm fisheye + Nodal Ninja 3 + lots of patience

Message posted by smooth on March-29-2009 at 12:08am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, that appears to be quite bad.

I would still need a set of image to confirm this using my methods.

Once you have a corrected NPP your stitching will improve no end.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register