Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: MISMATCHING POINTS ISSUES Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by hotstreak on April-27-2009 at 5:56pm
View hotstreak's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hotstreak Search   Quote hotstreak Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hotstreak
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-28-2009
2 Posts

Can someone please help me? So many of my photos stitch incorrectly and it is frustrating.

See what I mean at http://zen360tours.com/4_09Tours/Refuge_Drive/unbranded/ 

The kitchen is the worst here but all are very noticeable.

Message posted by Genseng on April-28-2009 at 4:49am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hi hotstreak, welcome to the forum.

I think we have talked via livehelp window. We tested your images and have some thoughts for your images:

1. disable the flashlight when taking photos for panorama stitching, which will cause imbalance of white and dark.

2. keep the pano head and tripod stable when taking these series photos for a pano, then lens should be alway at the same nodal point.

3. we recommend you to use manual exposure mode, which can keep the same settings of the camera, such as ISO, apperture, shutter speed, etc.

To refer more details in the help file of Pnaoweaver by accessing "help>help topics>Appendix: How to Shoot Fisheye Images".

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by leescott on April-29-2009 at 6:14am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Hotstreak,
I feel your pain but Genseng is right, but from me one who struggles as well the following has worked.

But you will hear from the experts (Smooth, Realtor Jerry) to name a few by end of day as well.

1) I purchased 3 flashes 1 SB900 and (2) sb600's to do the master slave (did not provide the results I wished for) too harsh and I couldn't find that balance as I rotated. Try the following for "Globe" lighting
See thread for Globe lighting
2) there is a plugin for blending called "smartblend.exe" I use the standard cmd line parms
3) Get a GOOD tripod with multiple level points. I use a Manfrotto and a Manfrotto Pan Tilt with level
4) Level every shot as you turn. I find that even when I shot and rotate there is always a small degree of offset. So I re-level

Here is a sample (Not done totally) but it turned out nice for my first real shoot My first tour with the D300 and Sigma 8mm

Mind you I didn't get the info on the Globe until after this shot last weekend. But I went to Home Depot got a lamp post, globe, plywood platform and some PVC and made a stand (i'll post pics later today)

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-29-2009 at 9:26am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Welcome to the forum Hotstreak. What equipment are you using?
Lee, it's always an honor to have my name mentioned in the same sentence as Smooth's. Thanks but I am not and will never be on that level.
As for shooting a pano (360x180) with lighting, this has been discussed before and I don't recall seeing any acceptable results. I think Pixalator was going to give it a try with some kind of globe system. I know some shoot with a flash but I don't think they are 360x180. I think most of the shooters are using bracketed shots. I just can't imagine dragging around all those lights and cords, but I'm always open to new ideas.
Lee, # 4 is a no no. the tripod should be leveled on the first shot and never moved as you rotate/shoot around. Re-adjusting can cause big problems.
Hope this helps some.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by leescott on April-29-2009 at 10:43am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Jerry

I must be doing something wrong on step #4 because the bubble goes out of sync. I'll look into it more.

Along with the fact that I just got the D300 and it is a BEAST of a camera but ohh so sweet! I need to play with the Bracketing (is it hard)

BTW how do you get that mirrored affect on your floor Caps?

My equipment is Nikon D300 - Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye lense - Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ball head - Mrotator TCS
Thanks

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-29-2009 at 11:04am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Yes the bubble will probably go out of sync but as long as the first shot is correct it doesn't matter.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register