Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Cubic Conversion PW 6 Pro - bad result Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Philip on May-08-2009 at 11:32am
View Philip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Philip Search   Visit Philip's Homepage www   Quote Philip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Philip
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
May-08-2009
5 Posts

Hello,

here's another problem with Panoweaver 6 Pro which I can't fix by now.

When I convert an sperical image to cubic I get a result which seems to habe a bad resolution.

I posted 2 examples for you. The lens is a fisheye with 180 degrees in "drum lens"-mode.

Can anyone think of a solution?

Greetz Philip

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-08-2009 at 7:09pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Can't help with the resolution problem as I have not upgraded to pw6 and probably will not. However I do see a stitching error in 6 that is not in 5. Where the left door opens, between the 2 hinges there is a stitching error. Don't know if the two are related.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Genseng on May-14-2009 at 3:06am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hi Philip, Welcome to the forum!

I have downloaded the panorama you sent to us, our programmers are working on it, we will give you answer at the first time when there is any news about this, I think there will be something changes for better with PW6 in the close future,thanks very much for your information and images.

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by Philip on June-02-2009 at 8:51am
View Philip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Philip Search   Visit Philip's Homepage www   Quote Philip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Philip
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
May-08-2009
5 Posts
Hi Genseng,

are there any news regarding the promised update for PW 6 and the resolution-problem?

Message posted by salvador on September-20-2009 at 12:21am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

I just got Panoweaver 6. I have the same resolution problem. What I do is,

First Stitch in Ptgui, then Convert in Panoweaver to what I need to.

I know this is an old post, hope it s a solution for you, obiously if you ve not fix this problem yet.

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by timmbuktu on December-06-2009 at 1:14pm
View timmbuktu's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by timmbuktu Search   Quote timmbuktu Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
timmbuktu
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
December-06-2009
3 Posts
same problem here since I bought PW6. PW5 worked much better - I am really disappointed. You buy a new version for a lot of money and hope it is better than the predecessor - and it is worse in a very important feature for me

I mailed easypano couple of weeks ago - got not even an answer!!!!

why cant they just take the PW5 algorithm?

Thats the way others do upgrades - keep the good things and make the bad things better - no vice versa

Message posted by Genseng on December-11-2009 at 2:52am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by timmbuktu on December-06-2009
same problem here since I bought PW6. PW5 worked much better - I am really disappointed. You buy a new version for a lot of money and hope it is better than the predecessor - and it is worse in a very important feature for me

I mailed easypano couple of weeks ago - got not even an answer!!!!

why cant they just take the PW5 algorithm?

Thats the way others do upgrades - keep the good things and make the bad things better - no vice versa

Hello folks,

There were several updates released for Panoweaver 6.00, I htink there should be some better change for the output quality of current panoweaver 6.

Panoweaver 6 give us more freedom importing source images(such normal lens images) than Panoweaver 5 does. So the algorithm must changed. And we improved the blending function in Panoweaver 6 to optimize the stitch result. In a word, all of these are to improve the whole quality of Panoweaver output. You can see the changes and our effort to change for better in the feature update list of Panoweaver 6.00 at http://www.easypano.com/Panorama-software-47_379.html , but i don't deny that there still some unsatisfactory need to collapse. If you have such probblem with Panoweaver 6, we hope you can provide source images to us for testing, thanks in advance, and thanks very much for your support to Easypano products!

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by timmbuktu on January-03-2010 at 7:33am
View timmbuktu's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by timmbuktu Search   Quote timmbuktu Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
timmbuktu
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
December-06-2009
3 Posts
hello,

your answer is even more unsatisfactory.

....than Panoweaver 5 does. So the algorithm must changed...

This is totally nonsens, because cubic - spherical transformation has really nothing to do with other new or old features.

You can take the picture from about or any other picture and make a transformation with PW6 - you will see these very bad transformation resulting in a saw tooth where straight lines should be.

This is not a professional tool if I have to upgrade for a lot of money and get a worse product so I have to buy an additional tool to make a professional transformation.

.. and it is absolutely mandatory to make a cubic transformation in order to retouch the top and bottom.

when will there be an adequate update? - I would loose my face to deliver such an improper tool and ask money for it.

Message posted by willie on January-03-2010 at 9:32am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hello Timmbuktu,

I never convert to cubic with panoweaver and it is NOT mandatory to convert to cube to fix the top and bottom of the panorama. I use a fantastic photoshop plugin called SuperRune which is free and saves a lot of time in my workflow. This plugin will convert only the zenith and nadir areas to cubic surfaces allowing you to remove the tripod etc and convert it back, all within photoshop, thus removing the panoweaver steps of converting to and from the cubic image altogether.

I hope you find this little plugin as useful as I do.

Oh and happy New Year to all members of the forum.

Willie

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 11:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I personally use the "Patch" option available with Pano2VR program. This allows you to take a patch from "anywhere" from the scene and never requires a conversion to cube faces at all. You can even zoom in/out to make sure you get the area you need to work on. All the time in 16 bit .tif lossless format.

I changed from PTEditor to Pano2VR because of the 8000x4000 limitation and no 16 bit support.

Still, if there is a legitimate problem with Panoweaver then yes, it needs to be corrected.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register