Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: PW 5 Images disappear on stitching Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by CosmicRay on May-15-2009 at 3:12am
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
After a long break away from virtual tour work, I reregistered my software on the home computer and set about stitching an overdue set of images.

Using Drum fisheye 4+T with bracket exposure 3 stops I set the stitching "ball" rolling ... and all the image space emptied to a plain grey background. See image

I have restarted software, reloaded images, memory optimised and tried again several times. I have searched the forum for a similar issue without success. Has anybody got any suggestions for a quick fix?

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView
Want Atmospheric Headers for your web page the easy way?

http://www.cosmicrayimages.thenorthernview.biz

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-15-2009 at 11:00am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Can't help much but would love to see a fix as I'm sure it will happen to someone else, probably me. Have you uninstalled the program and reinstalled it yet?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by CosmicRay on May-16-2009 at 5:47am
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't yet, I was kind of hoping it was a familiar tale with a quick fix. I think I'll download the package again and reinstall fresh.
Cheers
Ray

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

Message posted by Vince on May-16-2009 at 5:35pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on May-15-2009
Can't help much but would love to see a fix as I'm sure it will happen to someone else, probably me.

Nope. Me. Off to see what is going on. I'm running Windows XP and had Software Distribution Service 3.0 update three days ago on Wednesday, May 13th. I started to do some last night. it stitched fine, but I closed before saving because it was late.
GRRRR!
Vince

Message posted by Vince on May-17-2009 at 12:56am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
A simple fix for me, hope for you as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working great again!
Vince

Message posted by CosmicRay on May-22-2009 at 5:39am
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
I'm off to retry that now. Been away working for several days so only just got your message. Is it still working OK?
Ray

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

Message posted by CosmicRay on May-22-2009 at 6:58am
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Well tried that but prog fails to start gives message VM creation failed. This is contained in a launch error dialogue box! Mamma mia!

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

Message posted by smooth on May-22-2009 at 7:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Have you searched the forum "VM creation failed" this may lead to an answer.

It appears to relate to the version of Java Platform installed on the computer.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by CosmicRay on May-31-2009 at 5:13am
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Thanks Smooth, I'm going to have a look at that later, sorry I've been away for several days. First priority though is to find out why my website has been listed as a malware site!!!
Life is never a smooth path! 'scuse the pun
Ray

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-16-2009 at 7:56pm
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Well ... the saga goes on! I have the horrible suspicion that the panoweaver 5 downloads are corrupted in some way or downgraded to force us to upgrade to pw6 ( I know - too many conspiracy theories, but I can't find another explanation for the non functioning of the soft ware when downloaded and reinstalled on the same computer with the same setup as previously!). Especially after having not seen any reference to incompatibility with virus / spyware killers and the like.

After cleaning all the background programmes and beefing up the security of my system (and then switching it all off!) I am still stuck with the same set of problems. I have reinstalled pw5 4 times in the past 3 or 4 days and Java once via the ep link. Even when I switched off all the security programmes, stitching worked for some pictures and then for the next set would fail! Mostly with out of memory as the explanation. This is after memory optimisation. I am able to stitch single sets, but bracketed sets just won't go. Merging to HDR has been a no no as well.

I am just about at my wits end on this one. I have photo sets to complete for Thursday and everything just seems to be stopped working.

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register