Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: VT site Listed as a Malware Attack Site Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by CosmicRay on May-31-2009 at 5:37am
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
I have just discovered that my little VT site has been Listed as a Malware Attack Site by Firefox. Has anybody else suffered this misidentification? or is it likely that my freelance programmer might have intriduced or opened a door for another malicious type?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView
Want Atmospheric Headers for your web page the easy way?

http://www.cosmicrayimages.thenorthernview.biz

Message posted by willie on May-31-2009 at 6:23pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi CosmicRay

Funny you should have mentioned that! On the 12th May I found one of my web servers had a number of "modified" files. My site and all my tours worked ok and the issue would have gone un noticed except I knew what should and shouldn't be there. The hacker added code to the html files and the way I knew they were tampered with was by the date altered and size. There were over 800 references to sites of a very inappropriate nature (Russian origin) with virus intent. I found the easiest way was first to learn what the code of a good file looked like (ie the launch.html file of TW and erase all the added text. I had over 200 html files to fix. I then went through all my files again and deleted any of the renamed files bearing the date 12th May. If I still wasn't sure all code was flushed out, I just deleted the whole directory and reloaded the tour from backups on DVDs. I contacted my Host provider (who incidentally wanted to delete nearly 1Gig of data) to tighten the server secutity. All FTP passwords and user passwords were changed. So far, all is fine. BTW I know you're from the north England. My server in question was housed in Durham.

Willie

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-12-2009 at 5:42am
View CosmicRay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CosmicRay Search   Visit CosmicRay's Homepage www   Quote CosmicRay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Hi Willie, used to go to college over there. Are you managing to pick up any work?

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

Message posted by willie on June-12-2009 at 6:54am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi CosmicRay,

Yes the work keeps trickeling in. I've not really had many idle spells, even though the property market has dropped, which is where most of my activity is focused.

How have you got on with your website problems?

Willie

Message posted by CosmicRay on June-16-2009 at 8:01pm
CosmicRay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
May-17-2008
28 Posts
Hi again, website OK now; but software for panoramics is giving me serious stress. Just won't work reliably any more and I've sets of pictures to get done for Thursday!
All good clean fun!

-------------
CosmicRay
The NorthernView

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register