Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: IPIX - REALVIZ - iSeeMedia 12Feb04 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on February-12-2004 at 10:36am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on February-12-2004 at 12:10pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Thanks for the news update Dave. I was not aware of this.

This is what Ipox says:

I am therefore very pleased to announce we will end-of-life of our per-image fee-based software products," said Joseph L. Ortiz, vice president and general manager of iPOX InfoMedia.

Message posted by 360texas on February-12-2004 at 12:35pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

True.. and if you read further, Ipix has now changed to an ANNUAL license unlimited panoramas for $800.

That is more $$$ than Adobe Photoshop CS full version unlimited use.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on February-12-2004 at 1:41pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Fancy iSeeMedia teaming up with the dark side!

Pity they don't put the time into fixing their software and running a decent forum, where the developers have an input. As for Realviz, well would not have expected anything else. Overpriced just like Ipox.  The original panorama Anti-Crist.

Can't see them taking any money from me! But the 99%ers like real estates agents will full for it.

Just my opinion, nothing more...

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on February-12-2004 at 5:51pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Guys, the price is crazy! Starts at $899 and up. Anyways, I tested the IPOX Interactive Studio V 1.0 and here are my findings.

A. If you take shots at 90 degree angles as with the Kaidan heads, you need to rotate the fisheyes in PS or other before you bring them to the Ipox software.

B. I tested it using the Panoweaver sample images and the results were incredible. I just dropped and outstiched. The palace stitched perfectly and no seams. The outdoors shot with the red car (philo style) stitched as well as Panoweaver or better. Stittching is faster than Panoweaver.

C. Their color balancing/blending feature (you just mark the checkbox), worked great. Bettern than Panotools color adjust feature.

D. Their own 3 shot sample didnt stitch the ceiling as good. I reckon they're used to the 2 shot system!

Well those are some of my observations up to now.

Message posted by 360texas on February-12-2004 at 9:14pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The purpose of our original post is only to assure that everyone on this and other forums is kept abreast of current events.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on February-13-2004 at 12:54am
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Hi Dave,

Was there something wrong with my post? Should it be removed? Let me know.

Message posted by 360texas on February-13-2004 at 9:34am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

VT360:  Opinions are always welcome.   Your tests are interesting,  glad you stepped up with results.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Scott on February-21-2004 at 1:16pm
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
$800/year? LOL!

This could be good news. Maybe it will drive up the prices that iPox users charge, making me more competitive.

-------------
- Scott

Message posted by 360texas on February-21-2004 at 3:31pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

If you want the Improved plug in RealViz and IseeMedia flavor its around $1700/ year.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register