Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Stupid AE Lock Question :) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Scott on February-25-2004 at 2:29am
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
Thanks to you guys, I've learned the magic secret of AE Lock. I've been using it with great success, but just got to thinking about how I really don't understand how it works.

When I turn AE Lock on, am I telling the camera to use the settings from the last photo I took, or am I telling it to use the settings from the next photo I take? And, does it continue until I reset it? Until the camera turns off?

I'm using a Nikon CoolPix 950, if that helps.

Thanks.

-------------
- Scott

Message posted by 360texas on February-25-2004 at 9:03am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

First enable the AE Lock.  Place the primary light (daytime windows) to your back then rotate 90 ° left or right.  The first image in the series the Automatic exposure lock will acquire the exposure settings.  So I find that putting 30% of the window.... as well as the low level light of the room will record an "Average  aperture/ speed" settings on the 1st shot of the panorama image series.  The camera settings will be reused by the camera for the other shots.  

After the last shot.. then RESET or turn off the AE lock.  The next room will have its own lighting conditions.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-09-2004 at 11:44pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
I've found that if I use manuel settings and set exposure time and f values myself... that I don't need ae-lock. Also works with auto bracketing... I tried when I first started but found that the ae-lock function just got on my nerves... particually when doing 4-5 exposures in a given direction for high kontrast work.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register