Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: find No Parallax Point Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on September-12-2009 at 1:16am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

hi, does anybody know how can I find the "No Parallax Point" using a Nodal Ninja 180 .?

P.S.     Hello, Smooth : I wont delete posts. I promess

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by Brittan on September-12-2009 at 1:44pm
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
The lens and the camera body you use, could help

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by smooth on September-13-2009 at 10:40am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
This has been covered many times on this and various other forums.

Here is a link to my method.

The Grid is another method.

John's window method.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-15-2009 at 4:50pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts
thanks Smooth...

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-01-2009 at 5:56pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

hi Smooth:

I follow exactly the instructions in this website to found the NPP, I think I found it.

http://www.red-door.co.uk/pages/productpages/nodal-ninja-parallax-nodal-point.html

And then...

I am showing you some pics of my NN 180 & lens, Dont know if you can notice if it looks ok. Please tell me if it looks ok...

http://www.panoramicosespectaculares.com/nn180.htm

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-01-2009 at 7:21pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

seems that PTGui is blending better

Could you check me this sample please, hope you tell me that I found the NPP, or maybe I am closer

http://www.panoramicosespectaculares.com/im.htm

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-02-2009 at 2:16am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

Your images were NOT shot at 120 degree intervals but none the less I stitched them up.

Next time be sure to shoot at position "0" position "120" and position "240" with the small blue thumb screw in the 120 degree hole the click stops will guide you.

Your panorama (right click "save as") and then view locally.

The NPP is OK, whether it is perfect is hard to say with these tiny, unevenly spaced images. But I would think it's close enough.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on October-02-2009 at 2:53am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

ok thanks.

Why sometimes the rotator is in the "0" position to start, and why sometimes is a little moved to left    ..I.E. ? How important is this?? How to set it always in "0" to start ?

Do you mean that the NPP could be ok, in what of the images I send you?
is it here ? : http://www.panoramicosespectaculares.com/nn180.htm (I ask you this just to be sure where to set the T-adapter)

John Houghton post me to save as .PSD & Individual layers to campare the poles to see if one is moved (What are the poles ? ) are they the side of the images, where they blend, o where we should set control points.

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-02-2009 at 6:10am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sal,

It is hard (no impossible) to tell by looking at a photograph to see if you have found the correct NPP. What the photo does tell me is that you have now correctly assembled all of the pieces.

To set the T20 correctly means that you have the "exact" centre of the lens in line with the exact centerline of the tripod. To get it exact will take more than a simple look with your eyes.

The back and forth on the NN180 can be with 10mm of "exact" and still yield acceptable NPP results. Though you want to be as close as you can get. Left to right is just as important as back and forth and there is an argument to say even more so!

What John is saying is beyond your capabilities at this stage. The "poles" he is referring to are the poles shown in the NPP movie you posted a link to. That method is only a rough and ready solution and not anywhere near as exacting as the 3 I listed above. Still, it is good enough to get you started. I don't see any reason for you "at this stage" to worry about saving to *.psd.

"0" position is always "0", that NN180 is very accurate and so long as the small blue thumb screw is tight the same position should be obtained everytime. If you are talking "micro" tenths of a millimeter then this is nothing to worry about at all.

You need to sit back and work you way through things slowly until you understand the processes (1 at a time).

....and you thought shooting panoramas was easy!
There is a learning curve that never stops.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on October-02-2009 at 6:25pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hi Smooth

I think a made a better Panorama, tough is still not very aligned, it looks better than the others.

The question is the following:

At first I tried to blend it with PTGui, and this didnt blend anything, just as soon as click on "Align Images", it just showed one of the images on the Panorama Editor, "equirectangular" selection, (dont know why) if  at start the Camera / lens Parameter, shows:

Automatic

Lens Type: Circular

Hor Field Of View : !80

(So i got frustated again with PTGui) Then I went to Panoweaver, and this made me happy, because this blended the panorama, as I say, with a little misaligned, that I consider they re not problem, I can fix them.

Do you know why PTGui didnt blend it ok, and why Panoweaver, did ?

Are there any special settings for PTGui ?

-------------
Regards, Sal

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register