Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Image Dimension Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on September-19-2009 at 4:52pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

If the images after stitching, on PTGui, generated a 5000 X2500 Px, then I import it to Panoweaver, in order to make a Cubic one,Now it grows , stretching, and than the size changes to a 9552 X 1592 Px Image (Cubic Image)

Why if I import it into Tourweaver, to create a VR, the preview button , doesnt play anything, it pretends that is going to play and nothing happens, sometimes it comes a black image on the Preview screen of tourweaver ?

Is it a specific size to import images into tourweaver?

Can I set an image size on Panoweaver?

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-19-2009 at 6:42pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Sal, just curious as to why you change the pano to cubic?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by salvador on September-19-2009 at 7:48pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hi, realtor,

I change to cubic, because I have to clients , which I am doing a job for them, and they want to drag with the cursor the tours, to go straight up to straight down,  zenith & nadir,

In fact, what I am doing to do this, I first stitch in PTgui, and then I convert them to Cubic with Panoweaver (I just got it).

I tried to use Panoweaver to stitch, and to do everything on it, but the resolution, is nothing good.

Any suggestions, for the Cubic conversion.

Thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2009 at 2:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

6x Cube faces at 1592 pixels square = 9552 pixels long and thus 9552x1592 (Remember there are 6 faces to a cube)

The picture is not bigger it is the same but a different projection.

You DO NOT need to convert to cubic to show Nadir and Zenith. Either projection works fine both Equirectangular and Cubic.

The reason to convert to cubic?
      : Some viewers require this
      :: Because you want to edit a cube face in Photoshop

An old method was to convert the Spherical Equirectangular image to Cubes so that you could edit out the tripod and them reconvert back to Equirectangular after the editing work was completed.

With Panoweaver or Tourweaver you need to tell the software what the projection is by selecting it. In Tourweaver there are many projections to choose from if you have an Equirectangular image you would select "Spherical" and if you are bringing in Cubic then you select "Cubic" from the projection list (last option).

As to why the "Preview" is not working that is another story altogether. It has been asked before and a search of the forum might find the answer.

You could help get an answer by telling us more about the operating system, image and image projection type and size etc.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2009 at 2:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by salvador on September-19-2009
I tried to use Panoweaver to stitch, and to do everything on it, but the resolution, is nothing good.

There is no reason why the resolution would be any different between what is output from Panoweaver vs PTGui. It all about learning and understanding how the software works. You need to select "Custom" in the output size and type what you require.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-20-2009 at 10:24am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

ok, Smooth, thank you

I will tell later more about my operating system, image and image projection type and size

thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-20-2009 at 10:24am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Smooth answered much better than I could have.
If you are going to use Tourweaver to present your tours then you will not need cubic, unless you need to work on the zenith and nadir IE: remove tripod or patch hole in zenith.
If you need to do this you can use this free spherical to cubic plug-in for Photoshop.  http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_supercubic.php it only works in 32 bit versions of Photoshop and possibly other photo programs.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by salvador on September-21-2009 at 11:44am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

the reason I am asking all this, is because I have not received yet the  Canon LA-DC58K Conversion Lens Adapter for the Raynox DCR-CF187PRO, (this adapter is out of stock, and the say it wont be delivered until October 1).

All I got is the

Raynox DCR-CF187PRO,

Velbon Sherpa 600RF,

NN180

Raynox IE6257 Spacer Ring. (dont know if I need it)I ordered anyway

(And I think I cant adapt all this to my camera without having the LA-DC58K)

So I have been making some tests alone with my Canon G10. just before I have complete all the items I ordered.

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-21-2009 at 12:05pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You should remove the 3 way pan head from the Velbon Sherpa 600R (I'm not sure how the RF version differs from the R?) Mount the Nodal Ninja 180 directly to the tripod. Fit the T30 adapter correctly to the Canon G10 and then fit the camera to the NN180.

When you get your Canon LA-DC58K you can then fit the Raynox lens and get about finding the correct NPP (No Parallax Position). Once you have get this correct you can start shooting panoramas. 3 shots 1 every 120 degrees apart.

Attempting to shoot without the fisheye (for practice) is OK but without a tilting panohead and the absolute NPP you are only going to frustrate yourself with poor stitching results.

You should spend your time learning how to find the NPP with your camera on the NN180 without the Raynox fitted to for the moment learn how to find the NPP and shooting only single row 360 degree panoramas (without any errors).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-21-2009 at 12:19pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Youre right Smooth, I am starting to get frustated, with the stitching, I ll do what youre advicing me, Practice to find the correct NPP .

Thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register