Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Almost there, but help stiil required! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wozzaj on September-22-2009 at 8:32am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Hi All.

I haven't been in here for a while due to learning stuff to produce good quality photo's and now virtual tours.

My issue is, I have a Canon EOS 450D and a Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG lens, what I would love someone to tell me is what else I need to accompany them to get good images. I know I need a tripod, but what is a sufficient one and whaty else is also required to mount and level the camera to it? I would love to say money is no object, but that is not the case but I don't want rubbish so middle of the road I guess is the way to go to get started. Open to suggestions. I have read through archives here but would an expert to just say "what you should get is..."!!

Thanks in advance - Wozza,

Message posted by smooth on September-23-2009 at 2:08pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
What you "could" get is:

Velbon Sherpa 600R Tripod.
Manfrotto #222 Pistol Grip Leveler.
Nodal Ninja R1 Panohead with Sigma 8mm Ring.

With what you already have and these added items you will be well and truly kitted up.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on September-24-2009 at 8:25pm
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks Smmoth - Knew you could be relied upon to come up with the answers!

Guess I'll start looking around. Regarding price, is this on the expensive side??

Regards,

Woz.

Message posted by smooth on September-25-2009 at 3:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by wozzaj on September-24-2009
Regarding price, is this on the expensive side??
Regards,
Woz.

Well, compared to what?
The Velbon in Australia is around $199.00 AUD
The Manfrotto #222 around $200 AUD from memory
The R1 and Ring are very competitive on price when compared to other panoheads. $379.95 USD

I would suggest it is pretty good value for a pro set up.

Note: I jsut checked the Australian NN reseller price and it is a HUGE RIP OFF. So look to importing one yourself. It should be selling in Australia for around $499.00 AUD MAX!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on September-26-2009 at 8:56am
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Thanks again smooth - I'll get sourcing them now!!

Kind regards,

Wozza

Message posted by wozzaj on September-28-2009 at 7:50am
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Well I have bought the Manfrotto #222 (thanks Smooth) and have looked at the Velbon Sherpa 600R and now the Manfrotto 190XPROB and can't decide!! The option of being able to use the centre column horizontally is appealing. Would this mixed with the Nodal Ninja R1 Panohead with Sigma 8mm Ring, the Manfrotto #222 Pistol Grip Leveler and my 450D be a good package or is there something in there that would cause a problem?

Would appreciate the experts view as an expert I am not!!

Thanks in advance,
Woz

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2009 at 7:57am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Wozza,

Mate, I also have a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and I prefer the Velbon. But if you like the Manfrotto it will work just fine. Personally I thought the horizontal centre column would be useful, but I can honestly say it just doesn't get used.

You haven't mentioned prices - that could help others.

Either way this combination will work fine.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on September-28-2009 at 8:34am
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Hey Smooth.
Thanks for the quick reply. I went with your suggestion and bought the #222 from ebay for AU$153.00. Am looking on ebay too at the Manfrotto 190XPROB which can be got for AU$167.45 and the Velbon Sherpa 600R for AU$191.60. As for the NNR1, I am still sourcing the best place for that. Nobody selling it on ebay! Will keep you posted!

Regards,

Wozza.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register