Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Tripod (warning: my dumbest question yet) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Scott on March-07-2004 at 6:04pm
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
The tripod I bought with my iPox kit years ago screws into my pano head, but it too big to screw into a standard digital camera hole (for non-pano pics). Is there some kind of connector I can buy to be able to use the tripod with my other cameras, or do I need to buy a new tripod for that?

Thanks.

-------------
- Scott

Message posted by jeantet on March-07-2004 at 7:15pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

There are two standard tripod screw sizes: 3/8"-16 thread-count (smaller) and 1/4"-20 thread-count (larger).
Most small cameras accept a 1/4" diameter, 20 thread-count screw.
Most tripod heads attach to tripod legs with the larger, 3/8" diameter, 16 thread-count screw.
The screw jutting up from your tripod is 3/8", as the Ip*x rotator was designed to be used with professional tripods.
If you go to a well-stocked camera store, you can find an adapter which has a 3/8" female thread on the bottom and a 1/4" male thread on top. If you can find such an adapter, it should sell for a couple of bucks. Unfortunately, these adapters are fairly small in diameter, maybe 3/4", and you may find that your camera is not held all that rigidly on the tripod. Alas.

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by VT360 on March-08-2004 at 12:46pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

I heard Remotereality.com might have that part. You can also check with your local camera store.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register