Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Raynox DCR187 / G10 /Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 9:46am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hello:

Canon G10 with Raynox Conv Lens DCR-CF187PRO

I ve been taking some shots, and I am confuse, in which camera settings to use.

I v been shoting in Auto Mode...

I found that shoting with flash, brings shadows, and dark images, at first I thought that the LA-DC58k was obstructing the light, After this I turned the flash off, and the pictures were shot lighter, but I think they look a little noisy.

What would happen if I try to shot at night? I ve seen some great panos shoted at night.... How do they do this?

Can anyone help me please, with th camera settings, Auto Mode, Iso ...I dont know what is the best settings

here is a link of the images, shoted, and explaining what happened on each image.

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/fotosm/CANON_RAYNOX.htm

thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2009 at 10:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

Panoramas are not shot with a flash as a general rule and if they are the tiny little thing in the camera is not the flash that is used. Fact is, I and most professional panorama photographers do not use a flash.

When shooting "nothing" can be in auto mode.

: The camera should be in (M) manual mode.
       : Set the ISO as low as possible. ISO 100 or 50 whatever is the lowest.
       : Set the (WB) White Balance to match the scene. Daylight, Tungsten, Fluro etc.
       : Set the Aperture to F8 for now until you progress.
       : Set the Shutter Speed to match the internal light meter (it is the centre position) -2ev|---|---|+2ev

The metering should be taken at the most evenly lit area of the scene (not the brightest nor the darkest). Once you have made the metering decision you maintain this setting and all others for the whole panoramic set of images.

Panoramas shot at night do not need any flash just longer shutter time to allow enough light in.

You can't expect to shoot a decent panorama until you understand how to drive the camera in manual mode correctly. Read the owners manual and learn as much as you can.

Do not zoom in, you want 3 full circular (round) images for stitching. You can zoom only until the full circle is still visible. (more advance settings and zooming can be covered later).

Upload some untampered RAW images straight from the camera and I will take a look.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 10:52am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts
ok, Smooth , Thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 10:58am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Smooth:

In PTgui. when I load images,

At Camera / lens parameters

Should I select "Circular"

Hor. Field of View  "49.16" this is number appears selecting "circular"

Is it ok

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2009 at 11:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Yes, it is circular.

Please upload an image so I may see and test the settings.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 2:46pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Ok, Smooth

These are 3 pics:

what I dont understand is why, when I uploaded to PTgui, doesnt detect automatically de lens parameters, I also crop the images. and when I try to create the panorama it only shows one of the pics, it doesnt blend.

At the bottom of the link , there is a pic of PTgui creation

link:

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/pictures_.htm

Thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2009 at 3:45pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

The NPP is out quite a lot. The images are not shot properly they need to be all the same shutter speed and aperture at least.

You will not get "auto" detection from the EXIF data because it is a converter lens the FOV will be approx 180 degrees and it is Circular.

You may need to shoot 4 around 1 every 90 degrees until we can lock down what the real FOV is on the Canon and until you actually have the right NPP set.

Panoweaver 5 did stitch the images but the projection was strange. I haven't yet tried with Panoweaver 6.0

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 7:43pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

ok,

Thank you Smooth, I tried with Panoweaver 6, and it did stitch the images and the projection  was strange too.

I ve set my Camera to Manual Mode 

Just didnt understand a few things:

whats -2ev |---|---|+2ev  (is  it the MF?)

here is a link with my camera settings and my NN180 installation, dont know if its ok.....

I ve doing some shoots , with the Manual Mode, with the settings I have in the picture.

I see that if I hold the camera, the shoot does get like moved, does it should be steady always???  I think I have to use a 10 sec timer..

By other side, The WB, must be changing according to the type of day, outdoor, indoor, Now I am inside my room, I set it to "fluorescent".. So I think I cant save the settings then.

here is the link:

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/settings.htm

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on September-30-2009 at 10:24pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Smooth:

I set my G10 like this: Please tell me if I am right.....

I finally found how to set the Exposure Compesation Dial  , I set it to "0" (-2ev |---|---|+2ev  )....

In the pict that is on the url , there is a number  4"(with an arrow, pointing down) is it that ok  ???

Dont know how to set the MF.....

there are picts of the NN180 installation, do you think it is ok?

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-01-2009 at 2:33am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by salvador on September-30-2009
I finally found how to set the Exposure Compesation Dial , I set it to "0" (-2ev |---|---|+2ev )....

In the pict that is on the url , there is a number 4"(with an arrow, pointing down) is it that ok ???

Yes, this is right for setting the exposure.
Remember though this setting will change in different light. The 4" = 4 second Exposure.

BUT! You do not have your NN180 set up anywhere near correctly. The T20 or T30 goes onto the bottom of the "G10 Camera" the standard camera plate is not used. The T20/30 replaces it. The NN180 screws directly to the tripod. The Raynox lens glass would be pretty much over the bubble level of the NN180.

(MF) = Manual Focus and this will be covered in the G10 user manual.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register