Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Position Of Matching Points Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on October-08-2009 at 9:13pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hi, Smooth:

Could you Pleases help me to know where should I place matching points to get this horizontally. Here is the picture. I have trying and I get no luck.

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/misaligned.htm

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by Vince on October-09-2009 at 1:23am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
It's hard to tell with a blended photo because you can not see the image overlap. Can you post a link to the original images?
Vince

Message posted by smooth on October-09-2009 at 1:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

There are times where you cannot find areas to place control points due to the lack of features and this is where using a "previous" used stitching template is required.

Panoweaver allows you to save your stitching parameters and apply them to any project in the future.

First though you must build a good stitching template to save. This is typically done in a room or area with lots of matching/overlapping objects. This template is to be used with the same camera/lens/panohead and position information.

A tip for stitching an area that is going to lack features or for the purpose of building a stitching template is to use "Post-It" notes of multiple colours that can be cloned out in Photoshop post processing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on October-09-2009 at 12:22pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts
ok. smooth, thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-10-2009 at 3:25am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Smooth:

Between two images, could you tell me where do they overlap, what I mean is where should I place matching points.  see, i am having some problems to stitch some images, dont know if I have to do it in a veritcal or horizontal way.

Or should I position matching points spreading along the image fisheye circle, so they can match  better....  this is the part I dont understand, what I do is to match features of the images, may be a clock, a mirror, a corner of a wall, what are the better features or sides?

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-10-2009 at 3:49am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Control points should have a good spread from top to bottom along the edge as shown.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register