Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Shutter Speed Camera Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on October-12-2009 at 9:55pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hi Smooth:

I have been shooting in Manual, I really dont know how to configure my camera to the several day conditions, weather.....

This are my settings now , Please correct me where I am wrong:

-Manual  mode
-Exposure compensation dial is on "0
-Raw
-ND Filter "Off"
-AF Frame "Flexizone"
-AF-Point Zoom "On"
-Servo AF "Off"
-AF Mode "Continuous"
-SPOT AE Point "Center"
-MF-Point Zoom "On"
-Safety MF "On"
-AF-assist Beam "On"
-IS Mode "Continuous"
- I choose "Normal" instead of "Macro"
-The "MF" displays a vertical bar in "m" ( I positioned the bar close to the edge of the number 2)
-No Flash

What I do is the following:

1- I turn on the camera
2- In Manual mode
3- And for example if it is day ( I turn the dial . just nto adjust she shutter speed, so the light comes in) this because sometimes I shoot pictures last night and the shutter speed was setting different, then when I turn on the camera next day in sunlight it looks very bright. so I have to turn the dial to adjust it.

For example, today i went shooting a panorama from a high hill, the day was kind of cloudy, it wasnt real good, so I shoot the first picture, and I think the sun was beside me, because this pic came out a little better the other two,
Then when I rotate , I think the light changes , I dont know, .....The point is that the first looks bright, the second, looks darker... this is where I dont understand where to set the shutter speed, (does it has to be on the green middle line, that it is display on the LCD)...

Could you explain me a little of this please...........

Greetings

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-12-2009 at 10:24pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

here is a pict a shoot I did today...
in the left and right of the sun there are like a shadows, dont know where they came from.... the trees , or green area...looks dark... the color of the sky looks noisy,,,, I did shoot this at first in Raw...this is an example with a .jpg so file is not that big-.... but it looks as the same I shoot...

What can I do to avoid this........... probably I am failing in the shutter speed, or is it the smog in the day, cloudy day. dont know...thats why I am asking you about it,

what do you think

here is the picture URL:

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/sky.htm

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-13-2009 at 2:03am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

You always need to adjust the shutter speed to match the light meter. This changes all the time. But what you must understand is that it remains the same for every shot in a panoramic "set".

The "MF" displays a vertical bar in "m" ( I positioned the bar close to the edge of the number 2)

You meter each scene you are going to shoot. Find the most even lit area (not the brightest and not the darkest) half button and check what the light meter says. Position it to the "0" position -2ev|--|--|+2ev (where 0 is the centre position).

As for the dark banding this is most probable because of the fisheye enclosing circle (within Panoweaver) is not correctly set or you are not adjusting "Vignetting" when processing your RAW files. (You must learn to process RAW images correctly). Vignetting is "light fall off" where the fisheye image gets darker towards the edges. This effect can be minimised with correct RAW processing.

I do not own a Canon G10 so I'm not 100% familiar with some of the other settings you mention. But nothing stands out as wrong.

Just be sure you never use (AWB) Auto White Balance and keep the ISO low whenever you can to minimise noise/grain.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on October-13-2009 at 2:07am
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts
ok, thank you,  

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-13-2009 at 2:31pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Smooth:

I want to ask you, why is that PTgui doesnt want to add neither one control point to my images. This is the reason why I am with Panoweaver,  I have even convert my Raw images to tiff, to see if PTgui add some control points but it does nothing, and if I convert them to JPG, when i go to crop them, the selection is a square shape, and not a circular.
Why do I want to change to PTGUI now???

This is because now I found the problem that when there is some misalignment, cant fix it, because I cant export the image as PSD & individual layers, through Panoweaver.  As I use to do it in PTgui.

Is there any way , I can export the file .psd form Panoweaver, and then fix the misalignments in photoshop.. is it possible ??

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by salvador on October-13-2009 at 2:41pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

You Said:

"You meter each scene you are going to shoot. Find the most even lit area (not the brightest and not the darkest) half button and check what the light meter says. Position it to the "0" position -2ev|--|--|+2ev (where 0 is the centre position)."

Does this mean that I should press half button, to position in "0"   each of the 3 shoots.....is this what you mean....? or is it  the shutter button  pressed down halfway (so the camera adjusts the exposure and the focus), then press it down fully to take a picture

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on October-14-2009 at 11:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by salvador on October-13-2009
Does this mean that I should press half button, to position in "0" each of the 3 shoots.....is this what you mean....?

NO!

You only ever adjust the shutter speed to match the internal light meter once and there it stays for the complete panoramic image "set". Your next pano you start again.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on October-14-2009 at 1:23pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts
ok, thanks , Smooth

-------------
Regards, Sal

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register