Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Stripped down Flash 360 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by CLCompton on October-15-2009 at 4:05pm
View CLCompton's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CLCompton Search   Visit CLCompton's Homepage www   Quote CLCompton Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CLCompton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-15-2009
5 Posts
Is it possible to create a Flash 360 scene that is a simple stand alone file or a simpler set of files than what Panoweaver creates.
OR
Is it possible to embed a panoweaver 360 into a web page that doesn't pop out into its own window.?

-------------
C Compton

Message posted by smooth on October-16-2009 at 2:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The second option is possible.
Tourweaver outputs two .html files and it is the second that you use to embed into your webpage without any pop-up. Typically if you haven't changed the name it will be named TourWeaver_yourtourname.html

You will though still need all the other files and retain the file structure for it all to work.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by CLCompton on October-16-2009 at 2:16pm
View CLCompton's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CLCompton Search   Visit CLCompton's Homepage www   Quote CLCompton Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CLCompton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-15-2009
5 Posts
Doing this will still open a new page though wont it? I need the pano to appear within the existing page and not change the surrounding web page. ie; you are on a page, you click a button and the pano appears in the existing page in a "pic window"?

-------------
C Compton

Message posted by smooth on October-16-2009 at 2:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by CLCompton on October-16-2009
Doing this will still open a new page though wont it? I need the pano to appear within the existing page and not change the surrounding web page. ie; you are on a page, you click a button and the pano appears in the existing page in a "pic window"?

No, just use the code from this second .html file or modify it (the webpage) to match the .html page you already have.

You can 100% place the panorama into an existing page. Either by embedding it or via iframe. There is no reason for a pop-up page or a new page for that matter.

If you don't know how, post a link to "both" pages online and I will fix it up for you.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by CLCompton on October-16-2009 at 3:26pm
CLCompton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-15-2009
5 Posts
Well , I have a client that I am providing VR imagery for. Their web designer claims that when I provide them the VRs in the "Panoweaver" format they can use them because the plugin wont work. I myself have got the VR to embed, but it wont load in Firefox, it tells me I need a plugin, and it cant find it. It does work in Safari though. I havent tried it in Internet explorer. Let me show you the format of there page. The link is bellow, just navigate to th virtual tours to see how I need the vr to be placed.

http://www.mack-cali.com/overview/blue-hill-plaza-managed/GN

PS thanks for the help

-------------
C Compton

Message posted by smooth on October-16-2009 at 11:12pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Then their web designer is not very good at what they do and shouldn't have a job in IT. This is basic (very basic) HTML. In fact they're using KRPano in the tour you link to and this in itself has just as many erroneous files as Panoweaver or Tourweaver.

It is as simple as removing the code from the second .html file and keeping the file structure the same (as output from Panoweaver or Tourweaver) The browser brand will make no difference at all (so long as you compiling with the most current build of Panoweaver or Tourweaver to create the panorama/tour) and so long as it has the current Flash plug-in installed (it's not a special plug-in just the same Flash plug-in that is required to view any Flash).

Understand the file structure is very important. If things aren't kept together you will get a message stating you need to update the Flash plug-in (and even when you do update the plug-in the same error will continue to show) this is because the file structure hasn't been maintained. All of the files including the .html have to stay together in the exact file structure.

This is where it may differ to KRPano, but this should pose no problem to anybody who has an ounce of .html skill.

Panoweaver and Tourweaver have been around a lot longer than these other viewers and people use them world over. Your/their web designer needs to get a grip on basic coding. Or perhaps it needs to be explained to them in a better way.

Bottom line, if you don't mess up the file structure the tour will work.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by wozzaj on October-18-2009 at 8:13pm
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Well said Smooth and the easiest way has to be by using an iframe - this is how I embed them into my web pages and works perfectly well. Looking at your site, each tour is loading new page, by inserting an iframe you can eliminate this and embed into the one page. This is something any web developer/designer should be able to do. Here is an example:

var iframesrc="example1/_flashvr/example_example.html"
document.write('<iframe id="datamain" src="'+iframesrc+'" width="480px" height="350px" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="1" scrolling="no"></iframe>')

Message posted by CLCompton on October-19-2009 at 8:53am
CLCompton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-15-2009
5 Posts
See, I knew that, Im a photographer and a photoshop guy, not an HTML guy. I didnt build this site. Frankly I dont like it. I know a little html, and it just seemed like these guys that Mack-Cali hired were light weight jokers. I think the real story is that I supplied them stand alone flash VRs created in a different piece of software and it was just one file so the code they had to write stupid simple. With the easypano they actually have to think.

Thanks for the help gentlemen, Ill try and straighten them out.

-------------
C Compton

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register