Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Round Logo vs. Square Logo Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by viz-a-biz on March-14-2004 at 2:21pm
View viz-a-biz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by viz-a-biz Search   Quote viz-a-biz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
viz-a-biz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2004
2 Posts

I'm struggling with how to get a round logo over my tripod.  I want to paste my company name on the image; however, can only do so as a rectangle.  

I've got Photoshop 5.0, and have tried saving as a circle with no background but with no success.  I've imported the psd, jpg, and gif - no luck.  Unfortunately Photoshop doesn't save to a gif directly.  I know that "transparent" gif is preferred.  Not real sure what that means.  I have a tranparent image in photoshop, just can't export it without a white background (rectangle).

How are y'all doing this???  I know it can be done. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Message posted by Scott on March-17-2004 at 5:48pm
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
You need to be sure you actually have the transparent area around the circle. Should look a little something like this:

In newer versions of Photoshop, you can also select the color to be transparent when you "Save For Web". I don't remember if this is an option in PS5 or not, but it's better to do it the other way anyway. Just in case you have any white in the image that you want displayed. If you select white as a transparency color, white will be transparent everywhere.

-------------
- Scott

Message posted by viz-a-biz on March-17-2004 at 6:41pm
View viz-a-biz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by viz-a-biz Search   Quote viz-a-biz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
viz-a-biz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2004
2 Posts

Scott,

Thanks for your input!  Very much appreciated. 

Your response prompted me to look at PS5 for that feature - save to web.  Didn't find it; however, upon further research discovered an export feature - "Exporting indexed-color images to GIF".  This enabled me to save to a gif using the transparency like you show above. 

That did the trick.  I imported into pano with no prob's. 

Thanks again!

Scott

Message posted by Scott on March-17-2004 at 10:01pm
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
Glad I could help.

-------------
- Scott

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register