Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: mRotatorB - strange behavior Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by sven on March-16-2004 at 5:56pm
View sven's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sven Search   Quote sven Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-10-2004
35 Posts

Hi!

When I set up the levelling bubble properly and move the camera 180deg the bubble is out of range.

Set up: http://www.su-n.de/images/mrotator/IMG_0103.JPG
Correct: http://www.su-n.de/images/mrotator/IMG_0104.JPG
180deg moved: http://www.su-n.de/images/mrotator/IMG_0107.JPG

is there something wrong with my setup? Should I take pics when the bubble is out of the middle or should I re-adjust the bubble?

Greetings,

Sven

Message posted by VT360 on March-16-2004 at 6:17pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

I think Agnos could help you with that one.

Try to adjust the bubble on the second shot. If you get better stitching results there's your answer. Kaidan sells the quick tilt leveler for this.

Also, there's a couple of other people here using the mrototor and i don't remember them adjusting it.

Message posted by smooth on March-17-2004 at 9:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is not uncommon for the bubble to be out on your second or third shot it is very common on a un-level surface like a hill etc.

I do NOT recommend you re-levelling (Micro Levelling) on each shot as the results are often poor. The Kaidan tilt leveller is a good investment (I use one and fully recommend it) but is not going to stop the movement of the spirit level bubble from one position to the next. Be careful that the weight of your camera and lens is not (bending/warping) your tripod. A heavy duty quality tripod is a must.

After looking at your photo's your tripod looks to be of a high standard. Also the bubble movement between position one and two is not really worth worrying about in my personal opinion!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-26-2004 at 11:41am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
It does appear as if the weight of the camera, considering the overall length of the set-up, is causing this to occur. The question is... are ur stiches coming out ok or is there a problem with them??

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by sven on March-26-2004 at 12:01pm
View sven's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sven Search   Quote sven Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-10-2004
35 Posts

Well, after I re-adjusted the cam horizontally 3 shot panos are stitched excellent!
Setting the levelling for the 1st shot correctly and don't care about the other 2 shots. That's it.

Cheers,

Sven =)

Message posted by bbickley on March-26-2004 at 12:51pm
View bbickley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bbickley Search   Quote bbickley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bbickley
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-04-2002
7 Posts

Sven,

What was your method for determining that it was a horizontal problem, and of course your method to correct it?

Based on the advice of others here using the Mrotator, I placed my order a couple of days ago.  I know it will take a couple of weeks to get it so I'd like to brain up on set up issues before it shows up.

Thanks!

Bo

Message posted by sven on March-26-2004 at 1:51pm
sven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-10-2004
35 Posts

It took 2 1/2 weeks for me! So be prepared ;-)

Well, I noticed errors while stitching. The pics simply didn't matched with auto-stitching.

My trick to correct horizontal disalignment was simply to add something with a correct 90 deg angle to the mrotator. then this line has to fit with the bottom of your cam. it's a little bit tricky, but when you got the real position, be sure to screw on the screw hard :)

http://www.su-n.de/images/90deg.jpg

I hope you understand my painting... Try that the long lines match when moving your head back and forward and the paper has to be attached correctly at the site at the rotator that you've exactly 90deg.

Cheers,

Sven =)

Message posted by jeantet on March-26-2004 at 7:36pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts
Sven, your "painting" (picture) is easy to understand, but your method may not work for everyone: it presupposes that the ccd chip inside the camera is perfectly level, which is not always the case. If your method worked for you, that's wonderful, your problems are solved, But for others (like me) additional adjustment was necessary to get a perfectly horizontally level...

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by sven on March-27-2004 at 2:51am
sven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-10-2004
35 Posts

Ah, yes. I remember about this issue. How did you solved this problem?
As I said, only my 3 shot panos match good. 2 shot panos don't. Maybe I've to readjust, too??

Greetings,

Sven

Message posted by sven on March-27-2004 at 7:37am
sven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-10-2004
35 Posts

OK!

Today I bought a very long water-level unit and set up my tripod/cam to the correct levelling using the bubble in the mRotator. As you see, I might need to re-adjust the cam.
http://www.su-n.de/images/hori.jpg

Cheers,

Sven =)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register