Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: IP*x License Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by bbickley on March-19-2004 at 7:42pm
View bbickley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bbickley Search   Quote bbickley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bbickley
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-04-2002
7 Posts

I have remained a bystander for a very long time - reading and learning - trying and failing.  I read with interest all of the posts related to Panoweaver.  Looking to reduce my process time and shoot time without going to a one-shot. 

Reading the recent post of 'Ipox vs. Panoweaver'  I thought -  OK I'll look - but 1800.00 is crazy.  Here's the real deal straight from the License.txt file in the IP*x demo, and I cut and pasted it right from the file

6. Restrictions

6.3  U.S. RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE MARKET: The Product may not be used in the United States residential real estate market. This restriction exists because iPIX entered into contracts that prohibit iPIX from granting such rights to You, and that expressly designate the contracted third party as beneficiary to this Agreement for the purpose of any breach of this paragraph.

Good for Oxal!!  So for us in the US it looks like IPix's is not a 'legal' option, not that I would use it.  So are all the Ip*x shooters just not going to upgrade?  Interesting situation they have now.

Bo 

Message posted by Thomas on March-21-2004 at 2:41am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Wait until the hearing for the requested european patent in Munich - after that the IPIX stock will hopefully going down.
And the best joke at all, IPIX has joined openpanorama.org
http://www.openpanorama.org/credits/index.php

Also RealViz and Iseemedia (ex LivePictures) are working together, but the new Realviz Stitcher has no option to stitch fisheye pictures...

Thanks god that Easypano resides in China an can resist against these dollar & advocate sharks of Internet Pictures.

Message posted by VT360 on March-21-2004 at 9:22pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Bo,

Welcome to the forum mate.

Thanks for briging that interesting point. I was not aware of the Real Estate restriction on their new software. Much happy you read the license agreement. And yes, $1800 is way too much.

Have you compared the final pano results between panoweaver and the ipox software?

Message posted by bbickley on March-24-2004 at 1:18am
View bbickley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bbickley Search   Quote bbickley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bbickley
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-04-2002
7 Posts

VT360,

No I have not loaded their software.  The main reason is - if it does that much better than EP in speed, stitching, or blending I'm going to be really in a bad state of mind.  I could go on a rampage about software however this is a forum for getting more out of EP.  So I will start another thread and see what everyone has to say.  I really like the people in the forum(s) - they're Pros and they know what they're talking about from experience.

It would be funny though to see a crack show up for the IP*x software.  1800.00 is such a slap!

Bo

-------------
Bo

Message posted by 360VRE on April-05-2004 at 4:17pm
View 360VRE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360VRE Search   Visit 360VRE's Homepage www   Quote 360VRE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360VRE
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-22-2004
40 Posts

bbickley,

Hi, we here at 360-vre.com have come up with an alternative way to produce virtual tours and posting them to the homestore/realtor.com network by simply using a single fisheye imaging and taking the picture from the corner of rooms instead of the middle. The results are a simple, fast loading, quick process, full room picture view distributed on the largest real estate network in the U.S.

-------------
HT360VT Support Team

Message posted by bbickley on April-07-2004 at 4:09am
bbickley
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-04-2002
7 Posts

Richard,

I have read your posts with interest.  I will do some further checking into this process.  Pretty smart for the RE market.

Bo

Message posted by phoenixrising on April-08-2004 at 3:51am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi Richard...

that's one of the cleverest ideas I've heard of for some time. Less work... with nearly the same effect... Just goes to prove that the simplist ideas are the best.

I nominate u for an Oscar for lateral thinking... ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360VRE on April-08-2004 at 11:52am
View 360VRE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360VRE Search   Visit 360VRE's Homepage www   Quote 360VRE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360VRE
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-22-2004
40 Posts

We have been doing it for a year now and are becoming very popular. This tool is being used more and more by agents. As long as it is a virtual tour, that all the agent wants. Why? Becuase home listings with virtual tours come up first on realtor.com / homestore.com / msn house and home and other sites when you search a specific city on these sites. The virtual tour is more like advertising for the listing and the agent. That is how we market it.!

-------------
HT360VT Support Team

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register