Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: QTVR Seam Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by studiomiguel on February-08-2010 at 1:01pm
View studiomiguel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by studiomiguel Search   Visit studiomiguel's Homepage www   Quote studiomiguel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
Hi guys, Panoweaver works great, but I get these weird seams in my QTVR file... they don't show up in the preview, or the flash or the player. What gives? Any input?

The Problem QTVR

Jpeg of the problem

Message posted by 360texas on February-09-2010 at 9:12am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Seems like that is a seam corner of the bottom cube face.

did you convert the original equirectangular image to cube faces and then correct the nadir ?  You perhaps inavertantly changed the bottom cube face dimension ? 

Check the bottom cube face dimensions to make sure that it is exactly the same pixel size width/height as the other 5 cube face images.. then convert it back to a full equirectangular image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-09-2010 at 11:20am
View studiomiguel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by studiomiguel Search   Visit studiomiguel's Homepage www   Quote studiomiguel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
Hmmmmmm... this sounds very different than the process i am using. We shot fully spherical images (180) and stitched them together. The confusing part is that the flash and standalone viewer both project the images perfectly, no seams anywhere. It's like QT is introducing some kind of error... perhaps i need to do a little more research toward how these should be produced. Here are the source files and the resulting panoramic:

848 Panoramic

848 Sources

325 Panoramic

325 Spherical sources

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-09-2010 at 3:15pm
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
....and I've forwarded my working files to the Help desk to see if they can assist me with a resolution... If I'm doing something wrong I absolutely cannot figure out what it is...

Message posted by Genseng on February-09-2010 at 10:33pm
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hello

This is a bug of Panoweaver 6.00 for mac edition, our programmers are working on this issue. This issue will not happen on Windows, which seems only happenning on Mac OS 10.4.1.

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-10-2010 at 10:11am
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
OY! Thanks... this causes me more than a little consternation....

So, now I downloaded the demo for the PC and imported my stitched panoramic image from the mac but on publishing I get an error message:

#202020012 Publishing failed. Quicktime Player may not be installed.

QT IS installed.. latest version (7.6.5) BUT, it is not QT pro... I have QT pro on my mac, is that a problem?

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-10-2010 at 10:26am
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaand.... it's not related to Mac OS 10.4.1 exclusively... I also tried exporting it on my iMac (10.5.8) and it also has the line around the cube base.

Help help help.

Just so you have some history, because I'm now in a tight spot. I was asked to compare and test various stitching softwre and to recommend a purchase. It came down to PanoWeaver and Autodesks Stitcher. PanoWeaver won because it had SUPERIOR stitching ability and ease of use, though Stitcher was favored for it's lower cost, larger developer house and great looking exports (I would stitch in the trial version of panoweaver and export from Autodesk).
But, I could only affort one and I talked management into spending MORE on what I perceived to be a superior product.

Help guys, and fast. I have a multi-million dollar client staring down the barrel here and I'm beginning to feel like I am going to fail unless I pony up for a second package to export these beautiful Panoramics into the QT format!

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2010 at 10:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quicktime VR is dead.
It is NOT supported for viewing on any 64 Bit Operating system and Apple have stated it is no longer. We are talking QTVR here not Quicktime.

Forget QTVR, the now is Flash and the future is HTML5.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-11-2010 at 12:12pm
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
Okay, awesome, smooth... can I quote that line to my client? They want a Quicktime holder, It's a problem I have to solve.

Message posted by studiomiguel on February-11-2010 at 12:15pm
studiomiguel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-08-2010
8 Posts
I was told that if i can export this on the PC that I won't run into the problem, but when I try to export QTVR via Panoweaver on a Windows box, I get an error message stating that Quicktime does not appear to be installed.

The latest version running merrily though.

Any ideas? Do I need to upgrade to pro?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register