Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 12 Photos for Panorama? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by thall89553 on April-24-2004 at 5:15am
View thall89553's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thall89553 Search   Visit thall89553's Homepage www   Quote thall89553 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thall89553
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2004
15 Posts

I am not sure if this is the proper venue for this question, but why not try. Before purchasing Panoweaver, I had been using another product which required 12 images for a panorama. I now have a client who has been asked by his web master to give him the pans in QTVR format. The old software can not do this, is there a way I can use panoweaver to get this done?

Thanks so much

-------------
T. Hall

Message posted by smooth on April-24-2004 at 7:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi,

Panoweaver is designed to be used for spherical panoramas (where you can look in any direction "head to toe") "Fisheye" images and requires the use of 2 or 3 Fisheye images. It can output to Quick Time (QTVR) or Java.

The 12 shot system you refer to is for cylindrical panorama with no zenith or nadir (no "up or down")

To convert to QTVR in Panoweaver first convert your panorama to "Cube" you will see the button on the Panoweaver menu bar.

Hope this clears things up!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on April-24-2004 at 9:22am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

After stitching the 12 images (say with ptgui) take the finished panorama back into Panoweaver and save it as a QTVR output.  Should work. 

I would suspect you are correct the 12 shot is probably Nikon 9xx Fisheye 2 shots which are focal length of 15.3mm or with the Wide Angle lens which might be 19mm.  Both have very high vertical field of view, either way no zenith or nadir view but still able to convert to .mov's.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Flash HQ on April-24-2004 at 10:50am
View Flash HQ's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Flash HQ Search   Visit Flash HQ's Homepage www   Quote Flash HQ Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Flash HQ
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-23-2004
12 Posts

Take a look at Panocube. It provides a lot of conversion options and the price is certainly right.

I purchased the pro version and have been very satisfied as I discover its many hidden abilities. (hidden to me at least)

http://www.panoshow.com/panocube.htm

-------------
     -Flash

Larry Flash Alexander

Message posted by thall89553 on April-27-2004 at 1:33pm
View thall89553's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thall89553 Search   Visit thall89553's Homepage www   Quote thall89553 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thall89553
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2004
15 Posts
Something is not right, am I to "Open" or "Import" panorama image that was previoulsy stitched. It won't allow me to import, and when I choose open, there is not option to convert to cube which is active

-------------
T. Hall

Message posted by smooth on May-01-2004 at 8:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Tom,

I have sent you a working copy via email.

I hope you understand the instructions!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register