Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: PW7 - Stiching vs PW6 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-03-2010 at 5:27pm
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Badly surprised,

I have a shot of 6 + 3.

It is perfectly stitched with PW6, but has alignment faults on PW7.

Same input, standard output 8000x4000 (print quality)

If I try "Strong Algorithm Stitching" it goes worse :'(

Did I missed something ?

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by Joe Rao on August-03-2010 at 6:07pm
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Hi Dominique,

Would you please send your source images to us? I will urge our programmers to find out the reason as soon as possible.

Thank you.

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-04-2010 at 1:34am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Joe,

here are the 9 pictures, good luck ;-)

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by smooth on August-04-2010 at 3:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Dominique,

While I agree the stitching does show errors. You NPP is not 100% either.

This is where the software algorithm must have some leeway (I.E: within limits). No point correcting the software so that an incorrect NPP is satisfied if a correct NPP isn't.

I must say, my limited tests so far also point to problems with PW7 stitching in an automatic sense.

As you can see here, the centre is not a perfect circle, your indexing numbers are not clearly visible because of overlapping and you have ghosting on the tripod legs. This points to the fact your camera needs to come back on the upper rail a little. 

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Joe Rao on August-04-2010 at 4:03am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Hi Dominique,

Would you please send me the link for downloading your images? I can't see anything in your reply.

I've talked to our senior engineer of algorithm and we will provide three options for different algorithms, including the one applied in PW 6, to meet different situations. I will do my best to make this possible in a soonest time. Thank you for your understanding.

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-05-2010 at 6:14am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Smooth,

yesterday I made a ton of shoots, and tried to tune the NPP ...

Simply a nightmare !

The result is a nearly perfect circle, no cut, but still are the numbers on the stitched result unreadable !

I tried first the tune of moving closer (or not) of the center of my tripod.
It was nearly perfect, after I tried the tune of moving my camera behind or forward of NPP.  The circle is then nearly perfect.

I was then very close of the NPP.

Nevertheless was the stitching result not as good as expected !

Doors, ... are cut in the 2 different lines, ...

I also tried the SmartBlend module, but still with same "success".

What am I doing wrong ?

Taking my pictures :
- 6 panoramic with angle to the floor of 15
- 3 TOP pictures with angle to floor of 30

Regards,
Dominique 

-------------

Message posted by smooth on August-05-2010 at 6:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You were already very close, you simply needed to move the camera back on the upper rail maybe 2mm.

Your left to right lower rail was spot on.

For setting up the NPP I suggest 6 images -15 degrees and one or two up +65 degrees. Once correct you can shoot -10 degrees and one or two up +65 degrees. Though 3 at +30 degrees is also OK.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-05-2010 at 6:46am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Smooth,

thanks for your advices ;-)

Could the shoot of -15 degrees compared with -10 degrees be THE cause of my problems ?

Dominique

-------------

Message posted by smooth on August-05-2010 at 7:45am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-05-2010

Could the shoot of -15 degrees compared with -10 degrees be THE cause of my problems ?

Nope, not relevent.

The NPP is the same in all positions (provided you get it right) with the exception of the fact the the NPP on a fisheye does float (a bit) with the way light enters the lens.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-07-2010 at 9:53am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Another example !

Input for both PW6 and PW7 are exactly the same files : NEF files

I have to admit that the environment is quite difficult !

But, I don't understand even can accept that PW6 can give a pretty good result, while PW7 is totally out :-( strong algorithm being even worse !

The issue is for me very important !
I need to take my shots without my PC !
This means I have (strict requirement) to be sure the shot I take will be usable !

I can't say to my customer, sorry, but we need to wait 5 minutes for each shot to check if it is OK, or not !

I can provide a link for the NEF files (15 MB each ==> 6 pano + 3 top = 135 MB)

Here is what PW6 gives me :

Now PW7 - simple stitching :

PW7 - Strong algorithm !

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register