Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: kaidan leveler and regular ball head Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by scd67 on April-28-2004 at 6:38pm
View scd67's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by scd67 Search   Quote scd67 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
scd67
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2004
44 Posts

a dumb question, i know, but my limited experience with photography forces me to ask.  I have a the nice kaidan quicktilt leveler now, and will soon have the agnos mrotator for my Nikon 5000 (thanks Smooth and others for all your help!).  I also got a good ball head for taking some still shots.

Is it to my advantage to use the leveler with the ball head for the still photos?  I am not sure if I would still need it, but am very much still a beginner, and would never trust my own gut.  Reason I'm asking really, is I have to order the thread adapter for the leveler to ball head, if I use the two with each other.

Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on April-28-2004 at 8:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can use it with or without!

I use mine with! But the tilt/pan handle can show up in your shot thus forcing a bigger tripod cap (image) or a little more work in Photoshop deleting it. (Some tripod ball heads have a very large handle)

The reason I use it is because it is faster to level and I can't be bothered taking the head on and off all the time.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by scd67 on April-29-2004 at 12:19am
View scd67's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by scd67 Search   Quote scd67 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
scd67
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2004
44 Posts
thanks smooth...i'll go ahead and order that thread adapter in that case

Message posted by eagle on April-29-2004 at 7:24am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi smooth,

I was thinking about getting the Bogen 3265 pistol grip ball head to replace my existing 3 way head.

Here's a review at Nikonian.

http://www.nikonians.org/html/resources/non-nikon_articles/manfrotto-222-grip-ball-head.html

Any opinions on this?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by VT360 on April-30-2004 at 9:53pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

eagle,

i dont have this head but i tried this bogen head 3265 at a  photo shop and is really nice.

you press the trigger, level the head (with built in bubble level), and release..super quick - probably quicker and easier than the quick tilt leveler from kaidan.

a BIGGER advantage over the quick tilt leveler is that this bogen head 3265 comes with a quick release plate - making your set ups and easy and fast. think about it, instead of screwing the kaidan head or agnos head to the quick tilt leveler, you will be using the quick plate to attach it to the 3265 head.

tip: buy an extra quick release plate and leave it permantently attached to your panorama head.

Message posted by eagle on May-01-2004 at 12:32am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Thanks for the tip vt360.

I'll get the 3265 tomorrow and get the extra release plate.

Thanks again,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on May-01-2004 at 7:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi all,

No, I was no familiar with the Manfrotto Pistol Grip!

Looks very fancy. I will be interested to see what people think of it (especially those who have use the Kaidan version as well)

I do like the fact that it is narrow! Though it looks to be tall.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on May-04-2004 at 11:42am
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi,

I picked up a 3265 Pistol Grip head locally.

Works great!!   

When you move the tripod from room to room or scene to scene, the floor/ground for each is not necessarily the same as the previous location. So, adjustments need to be made. With the 3265, adjusting the level is now so eassssyyy and lightning fast.

Well worth every pennyl

r,
eagle

Message posted by scd67 on May-05-2004 at 9:34am
scd67
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2004
44 Posts

hi eagle and all,

I just got mine the other day too!  I love it!  Lightning fast, indeed.  Extremely happy with my choice.  Snap that onto a quicktilt leveler and save so much time!

Message posted by smooth on May-07-2004 at 4:21am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Guys,

Well, I went and had a fondle with a Manfrotto #222 Pistol Grip and like the rest of you just had to own it. So I parted with the cash and have been very happy with the investment. A very nice piece of gear indeed.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register